Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration Europe II: Hotels

Celebration Europe II: Hotels

Where will you be staying while in Germany?

Click here for a list of official hotels.
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

Looking forward to another Celebration! I've been to all 6 US celebrations, but this will be my first overseas...

Has anyone figured out the hotel info yet? I'm trying to see where the hotels relate to the convention center, but the hotel maps don't appear to show it, and I don't see the distance anywhere...

EDIT: I think they refer to the convention center as "fair grounds". I just booked my room. I didn't see it ask for a credit card anywhere, so I hope I didn't screw it up...
    Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-11-2013 at 05:56 PM.
    Trade Feedback
    WANTED: 2013 Big G Cereal Pens: Darth Vader and Anakin

There are a couple hotels nearby, but to rich for my cup.

From the hotels offered by the CE, the nearest are Hotel Jung and Hotel Bredeney (I selected this one), at nearly the same distance.

FYI - there appears to be a hotel right next to (or 100 yards from) Messe Essen that doesn't appear on the list of official hotels. It's called the Atlantic Congress Hotel Essen and I found it when I did a search on Hotels.com. It's rather pricey at roughly $240/181ε per night, but it appears to be a four star hotel and one of the few within about a mile of Messe Essen.
    Last edited by mousedroid; 01-18-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    Go mbíodh an fhórsa leat

I knew about that, but I am not willing to pay 180€ per night to be near the Messe, it's outrageous and I am sure it's due to Celebration.

I´ll probably look at Hotell Bredeney as well...
    /Niklas

High Admiral

We're booked into the Ibis at the train station. Means having to get the train each day but we're staying there for longer than the convention so plan to do a lot of travelling

I've booked the Holiday Inn Express in Essen for 4 nights and only about 10 minutes away from the convention centre by tram/train!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvius View Post
    I've booked the Holiday Inn Express in Essen for 4 nights and only about 10 minutes away from the convention centre by tram/train!
    So have I! Perhaps we could meet?

I'm booked into Hotel Korn. One of the cheapest hotels listed but doesn't sound too bad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast