Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Celebration Europe II: Hotels

I'll book my room one of these days. It's only a 90 mile / 130 km. drive for me, but I'll be attending all three days. Paying € 200 for 2 nights is cheaper than driving nearly 600 miles. Still looking at single rooms though, since I don't have any real life friends that like cool stuff. Well, there is the one who also went with me to CE 1, but he's on vacation this July

Quote Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post

EDIT: I think they refer to the convention center as "fair grounds". I just booked my room. I didn't see it ask for a credit card anywhere, so I hope I didn't screw it up...
    LOL! It took me until today to look up the word Messe to figure out that it means 'fair' or in this case Essen Convention Center. At first I thought Messe was a town or part of Essen.
    Disclaimer: No vintage MOCs (or baggies) were harmed during the preparation of this post.
    Skye: "You can put lipstick on an Ugnaught bootleg, but it is still an Ugnaught bootleg."

Just booked my room at the ParkHotel in Essen. It's a hotel with 17 rooms and I booked the last one. However, I'm still a bit doubtful whether or not I should cancel this one (which is free of charge) and book a room at the more luxurious Bredeny hotel.

Just wondering, any scummers staying at the ParkHotel as well?
    Last edited by IncomT65; 03-20-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Got a call from Booking.com last week, saying the Parkhotel was full and they had made a mistake by putting up the one last room as available. A mistake on their part, which can happen. They resolved the issue very professionally though. I'm now staying at the Ruhr Hotel. A bit more expensive, but Booking.com will compensate the difference

I booked direct through Holiday Inn. Booked 4 nights for me and my buddy for 140 each, bargain if you ask me! So staying at the holiday inn, not the express.
    Check Expedia, the still have alot of rooms left.
    Anyone else driving from the UK?
    Looking for MR Millenium Falcon - FOUND!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Feedback

Booked Hotel An der Gruga. It was not too expensive, and it's the closest hotel to the Messe, aside from the Atlantic Congress Hotel (which costs twice as much). I booked direct.

The Gruga has one single room left for the 25th-29th(4 nights) at €400 incl breakfast.
    Last edited by Mark_the_Wookiee; 04-09-2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: typo
    "If you're going to have to admit to carrying a hold-out blaster, carry two and admit to one."

My feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1039041/

well I've booked the Hotel Bredeney Essen close to the convention i.e walking distance so it will save money on trains and taxis to and from the event
    Neil TB7290
    SW CHRONICLES COLLECTION - https://www.facebook.com/pages/SW-Ch...78742722354124

Hello all,

I just recently decided I am attending what is sure to be an awesome convention. I don't have any friends that are coming with, and I'd like to split the costs of a hotel room. So if you are in the same boat as me, and would like a much much cheaper hotel room with a mate. Please give me a message.

A little about me: I'm Male, American, 29yo, and I don't snore.

•    
    I'm staying at the Hotel Jung, counting down the days!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthElvis77 View Post
    I'm staying at the Hotel Jung, counting down the days!
    Same here! I can't wait! This is the first Celebration I'm going to by myself since the first one in Denver. All of my friends are cheap ********! I'm sure I won't have any trouble meeting people to hang around with. I still keep in touch with someone from Celebration 1. He'll be a friend for life... Looking forward to that experience again...
    Last edited by kenbenobi; 06-24-2013 at 11:26 AM.
    Trade Feedback
    WANTED: 2013 Big G Cereal Pens: Darth Vader and Anakin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast