Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration Europe II: Hotels

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Sith_Lord View Post
    So have I! Perhaps we could meet?
    You never know! There's going to be a lot of fans there!!!

Has anyone who booked through the convention block received a CONFIRMATION yet? I received a "Request Number" but the email clearly says "PLEASE NOTE, that is only a INQUIRY NOT A CONFIRMATION." I'm just hoping they don't wait forever, then deny the request, and suddenly there is nothing left nearby to book.
    Trade Feedback
    WANTED: 2013 Big G Cereal Pens: Darth Vader and Anakin

In which hotel did you reserved? If you reserved through their system, you should receive something that has the title in the message "Confirmation of Booking No. ***** for *******). That is sent when you finish the reservation through the system. If not, then it's probably not reserved, you should contact the hotel and ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by razagul View Post
    In which hotel did you reserved? If you reserved through their system, you should receive something that has the title in the message "Confirmation of Booking No. ***** for *******). That is sent when you finish the reservation through the system. If not, then it's probably not reserved, you should contact the hotel and ask them.
    Hotel Jung. The email I received after reserving through the convention block clearly says:
    Reference: Request No. xxxxxxx

Dear Ms. xxx,

PLEASE NOTE, that is only a INQUIRY NOT A CONFIRMATION.
    Thank you for your booking request. It will be processed as quickly
    as possible and an offer will be sent to you as soon as possible.

I'm a guy, so the Ms. part isn't right either... I just sent them an email, since i am beginning to get worried. The email came from
    touristikzentrale@essen.de
    Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-04-2013 at 12:42 AM.
    Trade Feedback

Nop, mine is completely different:

Dear Mr.****,

Thank you for your reservation. We are pleased to confirm as
    follows...

So yeah, I will do the same as you, contact them, yes

Sub-Lieutenant

•    
    We got a twin room at the Aparthotel Petul City Garden for $240, for all 3 nights! It's on the North of the city, but a short taxi into town for beers and probably only 15 minutes to the venue.

Sub-Lieutenant

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Vossk View Post
    We got a twin room at the Aparthotel Petul City Garden for $240, for all 3 nights! It's on the North of the city, but a short taxi into town for beers and probably only 15 minutes to the venue.
    Correction - the Petul Apart Hotel City Premium, for $223, inc. taxes.

I'm staying at the Mercure Plaza, might rebook with the group rate, though.
    To Ani, Han, and Jag, the luckiest men in the Galaxy

Always looking to buy rare, unique, and interesting Padme stuff. PM me.

After 2+ weeks of trying to get ahold of Essen Marketing GmbH, the City of Essenís official tourism organization, I finally received a response that my hotel was NOT booked:
    "the hotel is fully booked for this time. It was only a request. You have to choose another hotel."

Yet I go to the website, and Hotel Jung is still available, granted for a slightly higher price (69eu vs. 65eu) and arriving on the 25th, not the 24th as I had originally requested. Seeing as NO hotels show availability on the 24th, I submitted another reservation for Hotel Jung, and received almost immediate Booking Confirmation. I'll just find a room in Dusseldorf for the 24th. I plan on exploring the city for a day anyway, so this isn't a problem for me.

But you'd think that they would have contacted me about my booking problem without me having to struggle to contact them, and that they would have told me Hotel Jung is available from the 25-29, instead of saying "You have to choose another hotel." This place kinda sucks. Hopefully I won't have any more issues with them. I fear they will now contact me and say the booking wasn't really confirmed, and cancel me.
    Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-12-2013 at 01:39 PM.
    Trade Feedback

Just booked at the Mercure Hotel Plaza. FYI: A lot of the "cheaper ones" were already showing no double rooms left for the 25th.....
    Last edited by Kenner76; 02-12-2013 at 11:13 PM.
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,a textured cape Leia, and any Boushh proofs. I'm also currently looking for a 21 ESB back Leia Organa proof. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast