Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Recent Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    BTW Lightsword, do you have any photos of your Jawa 1/5 scale?
    Yeah. I have some for you:

This is how I have mine displayed with the SS Jawas, R5-D4 and the Microflame torch they used in the movie, along with a desert rose brought from Tunisia and sent to me by another member of the site:

Last edited by LightSword; 05-03-2018 at 03:09 AM.
    - The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge -

My Feedback , My Collection

[QUOTE
    This is how I have mine displayed with the SS Jawas, R5-D4 and the Microflame torch they used in the movie, along with a desert rose brought from Tunisia and sent to me by another member of the site:

[/QUOTE]

Wow, it does look incredible! Thank you for sharing!! Your display is very impressive, you must be very proud (channeling Obi Wan from AOTC).

As awesome as the Jawa Attakus is (and I also really like the R5-D4 figure) how did you end up with that micro torch from the movie?? Very cool!

I now see I need to get this statue as well LOL.
    "He's no good to me dead"

The Jawas futzing with R5 looks great. Did SS give the Jawas a light up eyes feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post

Wow, it does look incredible! Thank you for sharing!! Your display is very impressive, you must be very proud (channeling Obi Wan from AOTC).

As awesome as the Jawa Attakus is (and I also really like the R5-D4 figure) how did you end up with that micro torch from the movie?? Very cool!

I now see I need to get this statue as well LOL.
    Thanks. I did a little investigating around. I like going to the root of things, the beginning of how things were created for the films. A great place to get information about all this is Parts of Star Wars website and it was through there I got to know about it. Chris Reiff, is one of the two guys operating the site. He was also the designer for the Stormtrooper and Vader mini helmets by Riddell, as well as the never released TIE fighter pilot mini helmet. I had the pleasure of interviewing him years ago for a Visual Guide I made for the mini helmets, and to be honest, him and Chris Trevas have done a fantastic job recording all this information for us at their site. You can find out more about the Micro Welder for the movie right here

After finding out what was used for the film, I then went to Ebay and to my surprise, there are still a lot of people selling this original Microflame torch for very modest prices. You do need to verify what they are selling is in fact what's known to be used for the film, though. Only two versions of the Microflame are said to have been used, very similar to each other except for some writing on them, thus it is unclear which of the two, or if both were used. I have seen sellers pushing for some micro torches as "the one used in Star Wars", which aren't neither one of the two versions.

It's a lot easier today to CGI places, weaponry and characters. Back in those days I think individual creativity was pushed and challenged quite a bit as we did not have computers to rely on for these creations, and more of a mental effort was needed. Builders were so creative with their designs and looking for parts and objects, their efforts are really commendable.
    Last edited by LightSword; 05-05-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    - The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge -

Quote Originally Posted by BenObi_70 View Post
    The Jawas futzing with R5 looks great. Did SS give the Jawas a light up eyes feature?
    Thanks, Ben. Yes. Their eyes do light up, however, the switch to turn them on and off is quite small, and located on the back of their heads. You need to take off their hoods (separate pieces )in order to make this feature work. I prefer Polystone over fabric, however, I have a strong inclination for anything Tatooine, and the Jawas hold a special place for me when I look back at the movies. I went against my own preferences and bought these Jawas, but I'm glad I did this time around.
    Last edited by LightSword; 05-03-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    I prefer Polystone over fabric
    Same here. But on occasion I do make exceptions too i.e. the SS 1/6 scout and speeder bike was the perfect size for my bookshelf and it did not require the use of one of those terrible crotch support stands for the figure (I hate those).

Got my Tusken today, WOW what an awesome statue!! I'm going to take some photos of my new purchases and post them on my collection thread tomorrow as I am beat from traveling. But wanted to thank Julian as your photos convinced me to get that statue and it is so much better in person!
    Last edited by Django; 05-14-2018 at 10:26 PM.

You are welcome. Glad the pictures helped with your purchase. Indeed, seeing the piece up close, feeling and appreciating all the textures is something pictures can't really capture. Excellent collectible and, well, congrats on the Tusken purchase!

Here he is, ready to do battle with Wonder Women LOL. The only place I have for this big guy for now ...

He's looking good surrounded by such female beauty!

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast