Page 83 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - December 19, 2019

Even these poster designs are so bland under JJ.

The art direction for these sort of posters for TLJ— whether Rian actually contributed to their design direction or not, were at least new-ish. The TLJ’s individual character posters with the red/white color-palette looked modern for a new Sequel. They didn’t work well in context of the classic Drew Struzan style, but it was something modern and solid. They at least made the effort.

Glad that there are still people that are reasonably objective rather than solely blame Rian for the ruin of SW. He did at least tried. The excuse that this Sequel is for a new generation is just typical lazy Disney-fied production that always treats their audience as the lowest of the low denominators. That in itself makes TFA worse than TLJ in every way possible. Rian may have gotten it wrong and completely tone-deaf, but he didn’t treat the audience like a bunch of monkeys. HIs personality definitely didn’t help endear him either, so the hate for TLJ seems even more intense than it deserved to be. And let’s be fair, some of the fanbase are as equally petulant and obnoxious of a manchild as Rian is LOL

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    Glad that there are still people that are reasonably objective rather than solely blame Rian for the ruin of SW. He did at least tried.
    TLJ to Star Wars fans:

https://youtu.be/YKQcx1jzn4k?t=201

Quote Originally Posted by Internets View Post
    TLJ to Star Wars fans:

https://youtu.be/YKQcx1jzn4k?t=201
    Yoda taught us all to Do, not try
    "Without respect - we reject!"

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

Quote Originally Posted by Internets View Post
    and answers with:

Spoiler:  
    THE FORCE AWAKENS IS JUST ABOUT STAR WARS.WHICH MEANS IT ISN'T REALLY ABOUT ANYTHING.
    Isn't that essentially the premise of they pitch to the Studio in Seinfield?
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rushie View Post
    Has it been revealed yet why Kylo is wearing his old helmet again? I'm not talking about the fact he disowned the helmet (Kill the past!) and then came back to it (kill TLJ!) , but rather the fact that he has the exact same copy re-welded. What, he didn't have a spare? The entirety of the FO couldn't afford a new helmet for their new Supreme Leader. Why waltz around with bright red welding lines all over your carefully-designed evil helmet?
    No on the mask but we figured out. The no talent hacks hired by KK and Disney sat around in board meetings for two years trying to come up with something new and exciting for poor angry Kylo but nothing came to them, so they decided, “hey let’s just re-glue the old one” and there you have Disney Star Wars movie making magic in bold action once again.

....t he didn’t treat the audience like a bunch of monkeys.
    Really???

Godspeed, yo momma.
    May you live in interesting times.

^^^ I never understood the whining over “Godspeed"…??? If Han’s going to see that rebel grunt in Hell in ESB— I’ve absolutely no problem Laura wishing Leia “Godspeed". The “yo mama” line was unfortunate of course (along with so many other things), but overall TLJ is still more tolerable than JJ insulting me with his lazy, cheap-looking cosplay of ANH for over 2hrs. And I can’t tolerate cheap-looking above all else. Unforgiven.

It takes the viewer out of the fantasy and into christian-centric real-world theology. The concept of a hell is universal to nearly all world religions and predates that one particular religion by millennia. This phrase is specific and applies to one real-world god figure out of a history of thousands of potential alternatives; one whose tale has no place whatsoever in the mythology at hand. This universe has The Force instead.

It is a case of generality versus specificity and shows both thoughtlessness and bias of the film makers and editors. Thoughtlessness to the history of the franchise within whose sandbox they are playing, and yes, treating their audience like monkeys as a direct result. Bias because of the blinkered acceptance of the normality of the phrase which is likely grounded within their own personal (and cultural) prevailing system of religious indoctrination.

EDIT: Uncapitalised deliberately.
    EDIT: And it's in there twice, just to ensure that the viewer is jarred out of the film if it failed first time.
    Last edited by darthsatan; 09-22-2019 at 01:11 PM.
    May you live in interesting times.

^^^ Fair enough. Although I always just took it as more conceptual, all-encompassing “God” in “Godspeed". Just as “Hell” (in ES can be taken as the Judeo-Christian version since not all world religions identifies the afterlife/underworld as “Hell”.

TFA-Finn acting like the bumbling, highly-excitable, loud racial-stereotype of an Earthling-brotha who stumbled into AGFFA for his entire screen presence is way way way more offensive in how much Earth-centric than a one-time use of “Godspeed”.

^^^ Fair enough. Although I always just took it as more conceptual, all-encompassing “God” in “Godspeed". Just as “Hell” (in ES can be taken as the Judeo-Christian version since not all world religions identifies the afterlife/underworld as “Hell”.

TFA-Finn acting like the bumbling, highly-excitable, loud racial-stereotype of an Earthling-brotha who stumbled into AGFFA for his entire screen presence is way way way more offensive in how much Earth-centric than a one-time use of “Godspeed”.
    Nothing about Finn was racial. You must have expected or wanted to see something racial there to see that.

Page 83 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast