Page 81 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - December 19, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    So not sure if brought up yet, but has anyone seen the new vehicle reveal: the Treadspeeder. It basically looks like the back half of a speeder bike with the front half being a chainsaw. Basically! If you ask me, that's...AWFUL! Why would a SPEEDER need treads? Wha?
    It is a zamboni. And the included trooper is a hockey warrior. Yes they now are stealing from Strange Brew as well....

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    Yet another moribund ST vehicle design...

I miss George and his rubber stamps.
    The highlighter method he used to determine what was CGI and was set is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushie View Post
    Has it been revealed yet why Kylo is wearing his old helmet again? I'm not talking about the fact he disowned the helmet (Kill the past!) and then came back to it (kill TLJ!) , but rather the fact that he has the exact same copy re-welded. What, he didn't have a spare? The entirety of the FO couldn't afford a new helmet for their new Supreme Leader. Why waltz around with bright red welding lines all over your carefully-designed evil helmet?
    here was a rumor a while back about a scene where some monkey-like creature is welding Kylo's helmet back together while the other KoR are pacing back and forth. It was said that the helmet is very important to eh KoR and that's why Kylo needs to have it welded bacl together.

Whether there's any truth to that rumor, idk, but I remember reading it a few months back.
    T
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

The hand welding the helmet in the first clip is hairy, I guess that's where it comes from.

Maybe Kylo has just been taking testosterone? Although I think that's a banned substance around Disney these days.
    May you live in interesting times.

^^^ LOL

The more they officially reveal-- including these EU-knockoff designs, along with the leaks, the more of a hilarious, multi-trainwreck mess this movie seems to be. ...And Iím loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    ^^^ LOL

The more they officially reveal-- including these EU-knockoff designs, along with the leaks, the more of a hilarious, multi-trainwreck mess this movie seems to be. ...And I’m loving it!
    Yes, there is a morbid sense of joy in seeing how badly this could all end.
    Y
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

My main issue is that it's so obviously a movie by committee and focus grouped to death to try to win back certain sections of the fandom who IMO aren't worth keeping around anyway.

It's either that or JJ is even more creatively bankrupt than I give him credit for.
    Last edited by Internets; 09-19-2019 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Internets View Post
    My main issue is that it's so obviously a movie by committee and focus grouped to death to try to win back certain sections of the fandom who IMO aren't worth keeping around anyway.

It's either that or JJ is even more creatively bankrupt than I give him credit for.
    Yea get rid of those fans that want a good story and interesting characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    Yes, there is a morbid sense of joy in seeing how badly this could all end.
    Y
    TFA started just as badly for me LOL

JJís always been creatively bankrupt and everything he does isĒ creativity"-by-committee.

Iíd have prefer Rian to have finished off this Sequeló just out of a sort of masochistic curiosity. SW isnít personal to me that it clearly is to many, so itís never been personal that this Sequel has been running in a pointless circle with its head cut off from day one. Personal taste and preferences aside, I canít understand why TFA is praised by hardcore fans that have grown up with the OT, while TLJ is relentlessly bashed. (Cuz grumpy, defeated depressed Luke is apparently so much more offensive than grumpy defeated depressed divorcees Han and Leia back to their old jobs from 30 years ago????)

Theyíre both equally awful and utterly uninspired, as far as Iím concernedó but at least TLJ possesses a handful of decent scenes that, when taken out of their context and viewed as snippets, are really gorgeous and even fun and interesting. And overall, Iíll always sort of low-key stan TLJ as the ultimate SW-farce. Nothing of that exists with TFA: Itís literally a soulless, corporate-by-numbers remake of ANH with a sprinkling of ROTJ. So how could ROS possible be anything interesting??? If (the figurative) you can't enjoy this Sequel as a competent and compelling story (and more power to those that do enjoy it as this), then just enjoy it as a hot mess of a SW parody.

(Still wouldn't pay to see it tho.)

I'm honestly curious how many people will wonder how he got his helmet back, or if they even noticed how it was lost. Your average moviegoer isn't even gonna care about that tine detail I suspect.
    Though if they can find a severed hand to clone....
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 81 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast