Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - December 19, 2019

Well, at least it depicts more of a Magical conjuring as opposed to actual intercourse.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Yep - metaphorical, and dream-like / nightmare imagery (and not literal) is how those comic panels read.

"through the force things you will see, the future, the PAST, old friends long gone.."

in the comic, Anakin is looking backwards into the PAST and this is what he sees.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    "through the force things you will see, the future, the PAST, old friends long gone.."

in the comic, Anakin is looking backwards into the PAST and this is what he sees.
    Then why in the literal past--at the time of Anakin's midichlorian creation ten years before Episode I--does Palpatine look like the hideously disfigured Emperor he becomes during Episode III?

It is a metaphorical vision, or Emperor Palpatine travels to the past at some point.

good point. but even if its a metaphorical "visualiztion" of the facts...

...it's still depicting palpatine creating anakin through the force. (aka: "the facts")

so maybe it "really" happened in a laboratory or something, but either way, it reveals anakin's origin. palpatine created anakin.
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 08-02-2019 at 12:21 PM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Muftak View Post
    Then why in the literal past--at the time of Anakin's midichlorian creation ten years before Episode I--does Palpatine look like the hideously disfigured Emperor he becomes during Episode III?
    Ooh! I can do that one!

Because EU comics are still mostly crap!
    May you live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by Muftak View Post

It is a metaphorical vision, or Emperor Palpatine travels to the past at some point.
    Exactly. The comic isn't suggesting that the Emperor (looking like he did in ROTS) hovered over Shmi and force impregnated her.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    Ooh! I can do that one!

Because EU comics are still mostly crap!
    I hate to say it, buuuuuuuuuut...

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758