Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - December 19, 2019

Both the Executioner (TBS and 5POA) and the 5PoA standard trooper have TLJ headsculpts with the grill teeth.
    UPDATED! Check out my handy worksheet, listing every 1/18th release from 1978 till now
    Easily filtered on source, line, type, product, character name, species and category. Updated till 10-7-2018
    http://www.filedropper.com/rushiesrebelscumfile

Quote Originally Posted by Rushie View Post
    Both the Executioner (TBS and 5POA) and the 5PoA standard trooper have TLJ headsculpts with the grill teeth.
    Thanks for the info. I have the Executioner Trooper, but not the TLJ 5 POA trooper, but I'll have to check that out.
    T
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

I have mixed feelings regarding Episode IX and hope it doesnt mirror VII and just reuse ideas and plot points from the original and prequel movies. After reading interviews with JJ stating that he is going to 'bring back' as much as he can has me thinking IX is just going to be another Disney money making 'fan film'. I really hope Im wrong but unfortunately I can't see JJ being able to deliver anything else.

I know TLJ gets a lot of heat but at least Rian tried to go in his own direction and not fall back on GL's ideas
    Last edited by Aaronaman; 05-20-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronaman View Post
    I have mixed feelings regarding Episode IX and hope it doesnt mirror VII and just reuse ideas and plot points from the original and prequel movies. After reading interviews with JJ stating that he is going to 'bring back' as much as he can has me thinking IX is just going to be another Disney money making 'fan film'. I really hope Im wrong but unfortunately I can't see JJ being able to deliver anything else.

I know TLJ gets a lot of heat but at least Rian tried to go in his own direction and not fall back on GL's ideas
    think my biggest problem with TROS is the fact that there's a lot of ground to cover and I'm not sure they can do it. I guess we'll see come December.
    I
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronaman View Post
    The problem with Abrams is that whilst Spielberg, Lucas etc stood on the shoulders of giants (David Lean, Kurosawa..) to see further, Abrams is the kind of director that instead stands next to them and takes notes. You get all the right elements but none of the X factor generated by broadening the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Internets View Post
    The problem with Abrams is that whilst Spielberg, Lucas etc stood on the shoulders of giants (David Lean, Kurosawa..) to see further, Abrams is the kind of director that instead stands next to them and takes notes. You get all the right elements but none of the X factor generated by broadening the horizon.
    I 100% agree with you there....after seeing TFA I left the theater feeling happy but also empty because I'd seen most of the movie before.

Im hoping TROS is a great Star Wars movie but I have a feeling its already been released......in 1983

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Thanks, Interesting part about Leia and how he is working the script around her. R2 getting snubbed in this article too, lol. Beginning to wonder if the little guy gets destroyed early on in the movie.

I'm looking for to episode 9 as I truly enjoyed JA work on TFA...

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast