Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - December 19, 2019

High Admiral

Yes, but the locals were not in favor of it.

If they do start in July (and VII & VIII are anything to go by) then won't they wrap around Christmas?

Even if it carries over into 2018, that is the bones of two years before it is released.

Is it possible that the date could be brought forward to May 2019? I prefer the Christmas release but it is an awful long time between Star Wars movies. **

Why did they move the Han Solo movie from a Christmas date?

EDIT: I just saw the chatter the it might be going back to Christmas.
    Last edited by Jaxxon; 04-17-2017 at 10:04 AM.

a far as I heard - Solo in May 2018 and the rest will follow in future May dates, like the old days, the proper time of the year for a SW cinematic release. but, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    a far as I heard - Solo in May 2018 and the rest will follow in future May dates, like the old days, the proper time of the year for a SW cinematic release. but, we'll see.
    IX is Christmas and now there is rumours Han Solo is moving back too.

What makes May "the proper time of year"?

The first six were released then, just happened that way, so call me nostalgic, traditional, whatever. Those whom were there for the 1st six films cinematically usually feel this way, as minuscule as it sounds. depending on where you live, mid winter releases can be a huge pain in the ***. Like I say a lot around here, we'll see.
    Last edited by jpolli666; 04-20-2017 at 06:39 AM.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is only one day SW movies should be released and it will become a National Holiday. May the Fourth be with you!

haha!! that works too. Ultimately I will take a film whenever they give it, so bring 'em on!
    Last edited by jpolli666; 04-20-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    The first six were released then, just happened that way, so call me nostalgic, traditional, whatever. Those whom were there for the 1st six films cinematically usually feel this way, as minuscule as it sounds. depending on where you live, mid winter releases can be a huge pain in the ***. Like I say a lot around here, we'll see.
    I've been around for all six. It doesn't matter to me when they are released and I know plenty who share that opinion and share yours.

I know a lot of people on the internet want a May release but I don't think you say "Those whom were there for the 1st six films cinematically usually feel this way" because just because a lot of people say one thing doesn't mean it is the opinion of many. It just means they are the only talking

I've encountered a few people who desperately crave it because "it needs to be just because". You are the first to give a sensible reason for it not being Christmas because of the weather (or so I believe).

However, going to a Star Wars movie is never a "pain" come rain, hail or flood!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    It's been confirmed May 24, 2019 .
    I read that last night and settles my earlier question of why the post-production would be two years.

Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast