Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - December 19, 2019

Of course. they need the oldies for all the spin-off films.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

•    
    Well I will only be 48 and my son will be 12 which is a good age to really enjoy starwars or he will say "Dad your so lame" lol

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCitrix View Post
    Damn, I'll be 50 too. I'll probably need bifocals just to read any Huttese on screen.

Colin Trevorrow confirmed for Star Wars: Episode IX

The Lucasfilm/Star Wars portion of the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California has ended and Disney Chairman Alan Horn kicked things off by announcing and confirming that Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow will direct Star Wars: Episode IX!

The movie is currently set for an undisclosed 2019 date with production not beginning for a few years, although Trevorrow will begin production with Lucasfilm soon.

The official press release has a statement from Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy:

“Colin is someone I’ve been interested in working with ever since I saw Safety Not Guaranteed. The power of that film paired with the enormous success of Jurassic World speaks volumes about his abilities both as a storyteller and skilled filmmaker. We are thrilled to have such an incredible talent as Colin join our family and step into the Star Wars universe.”

As well as one from Trevorrow himself:

“This is not a job or an assignment. It is a seat at a campfire, surrounded by an extraordinary group of storytellers, filmmakers, artists and craftspeople. We’ve been charged with telling new stories for a younger generation because they deserve what we all had—a mythology to call their own. We will do this by channeling something George Lucas instilled in all of us: boundless creativity, pure invention and hope.”

Written by Simon Kinberg, Lawrence Kasdan, Rian Johnson and Michael Arndt, Star Wars: Episode IX will conclude the third trilogy of Star Wars movies that begins with Star Wars: The Force Awakens on December 18, 2015.

I'm unsure how I feel about this. Star Wars is very different from Jurassic Park thematically, story wise, and in motif. I know people were apathetic about the amoral plot line and lack of motifs in Jurassic World, but SW as a franchise is built off of ideologies and themes. The entire OT was a coming of age story that it's target audience could continue to find relatable they grew out of their teens and became young adults. The PT was a giant allusion to the fall of the Roman Empire and included parallels to the US Government both at the time the movies were made as well as taking themes from the US Civil War. I just feel like with Trevorrow at the helm, we wouldn't get a continuation of themes, ideologies, and morals.
    See you around, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by CT1138 View Post
    I'm unsure how I feel about this. Star Wars is very different from Jurassic Park thematically, story wise, and in motif. I know people were apathetic about the amoral plot line and lack of motifs in Jurassic World, but SW as a franchise is built off of ideologies and themes. The entire OT was a coming of age story that it's target audience could continue to find relatable they grew out of their teens and became young adults. The PT was a giant allusion to the fall of the Roman Empire and included parallels to the US Government both at the time the movies were made as well as taking themes from the US Civil War. I just feel like with Trevorrow at the helm, we wouldn't get a continuation of themes, ideologies, and morals.
    You're assuming Trevorrow can only do one kind of film. It wasn't Jurassic World that really caught Lucasfilm's eye... it was Safety Not Guaranteed, which is a very different beast from Jurassic World. JW just showed 'em he could manage an effects-laden big adventure.

Safety Not Guaranteed is a plot hole riddled mess that is saved only by the films entertainment value. Trevorrow and Connolly are terrible at scripts. The biggest comparison between Jurassic World and Safety Not Guaranteed is that they're both very enjoyable films. They're not Bayformers level "zone out enjoyment", but they're along that wavelength.
    See you around, kid.

a wretched hive of scum and villiany...aka NJ

Quote Originally Posted by rushmore223 View Post
    It just occured to me, I will most likely be 50 years old when I go to see this film with my teenage daughter!!!
    haha... I will be 50 too, I'll have to rewatch EP IV-VI to refresh my memory, and hopefully by then I would have forgotten about EP I-III. My oldest will be 17... wow.
    The dark side of my Force has two moons

Star Wars: Episode IX may begin filming in July

In February, Omega Underground found a casting call for Star Wars: Episode IX that appeared to confirm that shooting for the film will begin in July of this year. Now the site has found another one that seemingly confirms this as My Entertainment World has posted a casting notice that notes the shoot date as July, 2017.

This remains unconfirmed, however, as casting notices aren’t always right in terms of what they post. Production schedules change often and it’s certainly possible that this is a place holder. The site also mentions that the assumption is that when the upcoming Han Solo film moved onto location and out of Pinewood Studios in London, that Star Wars: Episode IX would move in and begin production.

There is no release date set for Star Wars: Episode IX, though it will be in 2019. Star Wars: The Last Jedi will be released later this year on December 15. The film stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, Andy Serkis, Benicio Del Toro, Laura Dern and Kelly Marie Tran.

Rey took her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and will continue her epic journey with Finn, Poe, and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the continuing Star Wars saga. The Last Jedi is written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman and executive produced by J.J. Abrams, Jason McGatlin, and Tom Karnowski.

Have they mention shooting locals yet?
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast