Page 629 of 629 FirstFirst ... 129529579619627628629
Results 6,281 to 6,289 of 6289

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

  1. #6281
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
    Didn't Han give a rifle to Finn? And wasn't it basically the same style rifle the Resistance troops use (without the stock some have, like Poe's at the start of the film)? Perhaps the spare pistol is another common Resistance one (in addition to the pilot pistols guys like Poe & Ello are shown with in toy form), or maybe there are others in Han's arsenal on the Falcon and she just picked another while they were flying back to D'Qar (even if she didn't carry it off the ship in the landing scene).

    As for Han's, clearly he never got it back from Vader, as he was in carbonite for several months. The blaster in ROTJ isn't the same as the one in ESB; it's the same/similar prop to one of the models used in ESB (the Stunt or Hero one, I forget which, with the scope raised up higher on the body of the gun than the other version), but Han just got himself another...just as Luke had one of his own in ESB (which was slightly different from Han's, too, in both Hero & Stunt models).

    The bigger issue I have with Han's blasters is when people assume it's the same blaster thru all 4 films. Same model number, yes... but he modifies 'em quite often. TFA's blaster is the first one since ANH to have a long scope again, but probably isn't meant to be the same individual blaster he used in any of the OT films with a new scope. He just favors DL-44s (which makes sense, as all his holsters are designed for them!)
    I have a bigger issue with the fact that Hasbro constantly packs ALL Han figures with the ANH blaster and call it a day. Case in point, the ROTJ Camo Han from the Black Series. There exists a superior and accurate sculpt for this, or very close, in the awesome ESB Han Solo that was released to TVC. Why can't they simply get this right? Short scope, silver barrel end. It's asinine I tell you.

  2. #6282
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberSonic83 View Post
    I have a bigger issue with the fact that Hasbro constantly packs ALL Han figures with the ANH blaster and call it a day. Case in point, the ROTJ Camo Han from the Black Series. There exists a superior and accurate sculpt for this, or very close, in the awesome ESB Han Solo that was released to TVC. Why can't they simply get this right? Short scope, silver barrel end. It's asinine I tell you.
    Oh yeah, that's annoyed me for years! Even before the WM Black Series Endor Han (which is just the same old recycled VOTC-style Endor Han), they had some (admittedly weak) Saga-era sculpts of ESB/ROTJ-esque blasters they could've used, but no... long-scope, without fail, for Endor Han, the updated Hoth Hans, etc. Just like when they kept using AOTC Anakin saber hilts--or worse, Vader's!--for various Anakins or Lukes. And the "Jedi Legacy" Evo set with NJO Luke, with the Skywalker saber hilt with a green blade... yes, the reference art showed that hilt with him, but obviously they got it wrong! If anyone was using the Skywalker hilt at the time, it would've been Mara, and it still would've had its traditional blue blade.

  3. #6283
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
    Oh yeah, that's annoyed me for years! Even before the WM Black Series Endor Han (which is just the same old recycled VOTC-style Endor Han), they had some (admittedly weak) Saga-era sculpts of ESB/ROTJ-esque blasters they could've used, but no... long-scope, without fail, for Endor Han, the updated Hoth Hans, etc. Just like when they kept using AOTC Anakin saber hilts--or worse, Vader's!--for various Anakins or Lukes. And the "Jedi Legacy" Evo set with NJO Luke, with the Skywalker saber hilt with a green blade... yes, the reference art showed that hilt with him, but obviously they got it wrong! If anyone was using the Skywalker hilt at the time, it would've been Mara, and it still would've had its traditional blue blade.
    Yeah the Luke hilt killed me for the longest time. Worst part of it was the fact that they FINALLY got a perfect sculpt for it and gave it to a freaking 5POA figure. Over DSII Jedi Luke, over Lightsaber Construction Luke, over any ROTJ Luke that came out in the past 4-5 years and they go ahead and force us to buy a 5POA shampoo bottle to get the accurate sculpt. They can't even re-pack a REPACK with the proper hilt! It's still Obi-Wan's from a ROTS with a green blade. And every Darth Vader ALWAYS gets the ANH hilt, regardless of movie or the fact that he had 3 different ones! So stupid.
    Last edited by SaberSonic83; 04-07-2016 at 09:07 PM.

  4. #6284
    When watching it at home recently I had a thought: where are the Force ghosts? I mean, Luke seems pretty down in the dumps. You'd think Kenobi/Yoda and his dad's ghosts could guide him or cheer him up post-slaughter but I suddenly had the sense he was completely and utterly alone.

    This lead me to wonder if a) Force ghosts don't last forever. Maybe we'll learn they fade over time, becoming more integrated with the Force and less able to be in their mortal forms. Or, maybe more interestingly, the fact that they may be missing has something to do with Snoke and Kylo? Is it possible they captured them or something? I also started to get suspicious when Kylo was talking to the helmet again, almost like he had a "captive" audience, one-sided that was not able to just be "Anakin". Is it possible they could affect Anakin by reaching out to his "soul" in the Force and twisting it, sort of injecting it with dark influence?

    Obviously, TFA didn't need to show us Force ghosts, it was more the Kylo/helmet and Luke all sad and alone moments that got me wondering if they weren't implicated somehow in what the "problem" is that Luke is facing and that perhaps Snoke is causing.

    Another possibility for Luke being alone (if he is that is) might be that his actions pushed them away? Maybe if he pushed away through the Force they would be unable to appear to him.
    Last edited by sinkie; 04-07-2016 at 10:41 PM.
    "Through us, the cosmos gazes on itself, adores itself, breaks its own heart. Through us, matter stares slack-jawed at its own star-dusted countenance and knows, incredulously, that it knows." - Alan Moore

  5. #6285
    I'd love it if Luke just hung out at night around the campfire with Old Ben and Dad, drinking Ach-To moonshine and reminiscing.

  6. #6286
    If Luke withdrew form theForce, for whatever reasons. Then he would no longer commune with Force Spirits. never fear though, it's rumored that Frank Oz is returning. So that can mean only one thing, right?
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

  7. #6287
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    If Luke withdrew form theForce, for whatever reasons. Then he would no longer commune with Force Spirits. never fear though, it's rumored that Frank Oz is returning. So that can mean only one thing, right?
    More random voices in Rey's head?

  8. #6288
    Oh yeah! That was the other "hint" I was detecting...that it almost seemed like Vader/Anakin was reaching out to her but not having a very easy time of it and then you have Kenobi (possibly Yoda) mixed in there. I forgot that was the other moment when I felt like I was seeing something I hadn't before in relation to Force ghosts.
    "Through us, the cosmos gazes on itself, adores itself, breaks its own heart. Through us, matter stares slack-jawed at its own star-dusted countenance and knows, incredulously, that it knows." - Alan Moore

  9. #6289
    Say what you will about TLJ but kudos to them for putting the battle music in.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ykXWRNZiI3M

Page 629 of 629 FirstFirst ... 129529579619627628629

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •