Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234
Results 2,331 to 2,338 of 2338

Thread: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - TV show

Over the last month I've watched all 5 season on Netwflix and was astounded how the plots, story, depth, characters, and acting just kept improving! I love this show and thought ep 522, "The End," was a PERFECT way to say goodbye to our beloved reluctant heroes. I'm also pretty geeked that we'll be getting a season 6, that I'm confidant will feel more like an epilogue than anything else.

Okay, my thoughts on breaking the time loop. Please lmk if I'm wrong on this.
    I believe the first person to break the time loop was Robin, when she told her mother that it would be the last time they would see each other IF she did not tell Talbot the location of the gravitonium, which she had not done before in the loop. Clearly she did this time. Thus, Talbot's attack on Chicago. After that, the time loop changes came pretty fast and furious with Coulson not taking the serum, Daisy using the odium to destroy Talbot, May & Fitz going into the ship to save Mac and Polly, etc. While I would have liked to have seen Deke "blink" out of existence, I didn't need to see it to know what transpired. I also really enjoyed the final scene with the remaining team setting off to find space capsule Fitz - It was a kind of Empire Strikes Back somber but hopeful vibe to it.

Anyway, damn! This show has had some fantastic writing that I only dream other shows like The Walking Dead could have achieved and maintained. I would be more than happy and content to end the show here, on this super high note.
    You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd_F View Post
    Over the last month I've watched all 5 season on Netwflix and was astounded how the plots, story, depth, characters, and acting just kept improving! I love this show and thought ep 522, "The End," was a PERFECT way to say goodbye to our beloved reluctant heroes. I'm also pretty geeked that we'll be getting a season 6, that I'm confidant will feel more like an epilogue than anything else.

Okay, my thoughts on breaking the time loop. Please lmk if I'm wrong on this.
    I believe the first person to break the time loop was Robin, when she told her mother that it would be the last time they would see each other IF she did not tell Talbot the location of the gravitonium, which she had not done before in the loop. Clearly she did this time. Thus, Talbot's attack on Chicago. After that, the time loop changes came pretty fast and furious with Coulson not taking the serum, Daisy using the odium to destroy Talbot, May & Fitz going into the ship to save Mac and Polly, etc. While I would have liked to have seen Deke "blink" out of existence, I didn't need to see it to know what transpired. I also really enjoyed the final scene with the remaining team setting off to find space capsule Fitz - It was a kind of Empire Strikes Back somber but hopeful vibe to it.

Anyway, damn! This show has had some fantastic writing that I only dream other shows like The Walking Dead could have achieved and maintained. I would be more than happy and content to end the show here, on this super high note.
    Agreed. Perhaps the best ending of any show I've ever watched consistently.

As far as the time loop........ it's so hard to deal with time. Robin would not have knowledge of any timeline that was not actively going to happen from what I understand of her power. Her knowing that she had to tell Talbot or she "wouldn't see her mother again" was her going along with the time loop in my opinion, because she DID tell Talbot. Now, HOW she would know that she "wouldn't see her again" is the anomaly here. I take it as Robin following the time loop because it is all she understood. Robin of all people would be unable to go against the time loop... she would react like she was in a play and the script was written.

I'm not saying I'm right, but I would be interested to know other opinions on this. I see the time loop being broken by Coulson not being saved like Yoyo said. He broke it by not taking the serum, thus he had the "pieces" to put it together.
    Last edited by keknivek; 07-09-2018 at 01:52 PM.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

So AoS is back, and it looks interesting so far. I'm trying to parse this season with the events of the movies, and it's just not making sense that there's no mention of the snap. Because of all the time travel last season, I'm beginning to wonder if this is an alternate timeline where the snap doesn't take place? i.e. a timeline where Thor chops Thanos' head off in Wakanda at the end of Infinity War.

That being said, there's been nothing in the season so far that has disputed the snap taking place, but I'd have to imagine they'd mention it. Also, I think all sporting events would've been cancelled, and we see them on the TV at the bar. Who knows!
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

I agree, it is after all a given what was happening in the Movies. So they had plenty of time to write it in somehow, at least some kind of acknowledgement. Like so and so is gone, or one of their teammates vanished then reappeared 5 years later. They even acknowledge the passage of time from when they returned, and obviously have new team mates. But no mention of the snap at all.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

No mention of the snap because they clearly had no idea what was going on with the movie side of things. Remember that Marvel Television and Marvel Studios are not the same company.

They probably thought they'd be safe setting this season 1 year after Infinity War and then Endgame came out and it's all of a sudden it's not until 5 years that the effects of the snap are mostly reversed, and the show runners had to scramble into action and say that the whole season is set before the snap, even though season 5 reference the events of IW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mildoo View Post
    No mention of the snap because they clearly had no idea what was going on with the movie side of things. Remember that Marvel Television and Marvel Studios are not the same company.

They probably thought they'd be safe setting this season 1 year after Infinity War and then Endgame came out and it's all of a sudden it's not until 5 years that the effects of the snap are mostly reversed, and the show runners had to scramble into action and say that the whole season is set before the snap, even though season 5 reference the events of IW.
    Exactly. The Endgame plot was super top secret. With the exception of Downey, even the actors who appeared in the movie weren't given the entire script in an effort to cut down on possible leaks. So there was no way the Russos and Markus and McFeely were going to reveal what happens in Endgame to the AOS producers, writers, cast, and crew. That would increase the number of people who would have knowledge of Endgame's plot to a level that they obviously couldn't allow. It wasn't worth the risk.

I am willing to give them a little slack, Behind the scene they didn't know exactly when they would be back on air, so that makes it hard to write something that could potentially be a huge spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen Endgame (There are people who haven't seen it yet & they get really pissed when I pretend to spoil it for them with the Iron Man Captain American Love scene. Seriously if you don't want spoilers get off the internet)

So the one year in the future makes sense so they can deal with the snap at their own pace. Granted some things from the PR side (Ghost rider spin off) makes it sound like everyone will be in their own timelines. Which its all connected is one of Marvel's strengths in my opinion. Even Hulu & Netflix shows are connected, just no crossovers likely due to real life network/legal/not want to deal with it issues.
    The answer to every Star Wars question ever:
      Spoiler:  
    Its just a movie!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

we are being told there is a Multiverse now -- the MCU is no longer "one universe" -- that ended with endgame.

(now we're going back to the way things were in the 90's and 00's, where each franchise existed in its own bubble -- aka: Multiverse -- that seems to be what the fans actually want now).
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234