Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Kotobukiya Q&A thread for gai_KOTO_jin

Question Kotobukiya Q&A thread for gai_KOTO_jin

Rather than hijacking another thread in this section every time we have a question for gai_KOTO_jin (apologies to kebron, his thread being the most recent) I thought it would be a better idea to pose our questions in one place like Sergiu suggested/asked a while ago i.e. as they do it in the Gentle Giant area of the forum (with Greg)..., I always have questions & it makes more sense to have the answers in one place to refer back to rather than hunting through every topic in the Kotobukiya section looking for a question you brought up however long ago....
    "Look Sir, Droids"

So, to get us under way I have a question for gai_KOTO_jin...

I noticed you said Kotobukiya aren't making anymore 2 pack Stormtroopers at present..., a retailer I purchase quite a bit off has been waiting for his wholesaler to give him an estimate (date wise) for new stock coming in of the Commander Stormtroopers 2 pack, are these now finished production wise too or will I be able to get them sometime in the near future??? Just want to know either way, can look else where rather than hanging on that way.

Thanks.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Thanks for starting this thread, kevb0977. It's something I've been thinking about doing for many of the reasons you stated above, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm sorry I don't have a complete answer for you on the Stormtrooper Commander 2 packs. I don't believe there are any more of these currently coming out of the factory, but I'm not sure in this case how we're situated at the warehouses. For the regular Stormtrooper 2 pack, I know our US branch has run through the stock at the warehouse, but I've not heard anything about the Commander version (or the Blackhole version). As none of them were available at SWCVI, I think it's likely that we have sold through our stock on them. It's still possible, however, that the wholesaler your retailer is working through may have some to ship out- I would have no way of checking that even if I knew specifically which retailers and distributors were involved.

Quote Originally Posted by gai_KOTO_jin View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread, kevb0977. It's something I've been thinking about doing for many of the reasons you stated above, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm sorry I don't have a complete answer for you on the Stormtrooper Commander 2 packs. I don't believe there are any more of these currently coming out of the factory, but I'm not sure in this case how we're situated at the warehouses. For the regular Stormtrooper 2 pack, I know our US branch has run through the stock at the warehouse, but I've not heard anything about the Commander version (or the Blackhole version). As none of them were available at SWCVI, I think it's likely that we have sold through our stock on them. It's still possible, however, that the wholesaler your retailer is working through may have some to ship out- I would have no way of checking that even if I knew specifically which retailers and distributors were involved.
    Thanks, I guess when your selling worldwide it's definitely an impossible task to track where stock might be at any given time..., I'll ask the retailer I buy from for another update & if he still hasn't got an answer for me then I'll look on ebay for a set as there are a few retailers selling new Stormtrooper Commander 2 pack sets on there.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Oh, I have another question...

I did post this on the Kotobukiya facebook page but there's been no update/reply as yet, anyway..., could you please tell us which ArtFX Star Wars 1:7 scale figure won the poll to become a 1:10 scale ArtFX+ figure???

I know the poll was to run from the 23rd to the 26th August (for CVI) so I thought the results would be in by now OR are you guys allowing it to run for a bit longer???

Thanks.
    Last edited by kevb0977; 08-30-2012 at 03:57 AM. Reason: added to question
    "Look Sir, Droids"

My questions will be:

1. Is there a chance to see a new 1:7 Stormtrooper, even if Kotobukiya keep the old armor and helmet (which are quite accurate and cool), but to have a better pose?
    2. Maybe a 1:7 (or even 1:10) AT-AT Driver?
    3. Will there be plans for a Probe Droid?
    4. What about an ROTJ Emperor?
    5. The ships/vehicles line will it continue in the future or is canceled? Wish they would have made an AT-AT, AT-ST or a TIE Fighter.

Thanks.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Final poll results should be coming soon- the numbers had to collected from both the US and Japanese Facebook pages as well as hand-counted for those received at SWCVI. I can say that the top 3 choices are all fairly close in number of votes received from what I've seen so far.

There are currently no plans to continue the ships after our X-Wing. In regards to other upcoming 1/7th and 1/10th scale, I really can't go into too much detail as I have to stick to our production/announcement schedules. I think it will be a little while before we re-visit the Stormtrooper in 1/7th, though.

O.K. ...Here goes my first ever question.... Will we see (in 1/7scale) an ANH Darth Vader and a ROTJ Luke Skywalker ?
    "Who's the more foolish; The fool, or the fool who follows him ?"
    FEEDBACK

Good idea.

Any idea when we'll see the next 1/7th scale statue?

Please, for God's sake, not another Vader! We already have 4 Vaders in 1:7, and there are so many other characters that could be considered to be made before yet another Vader.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast