Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Kotobukiya Q&A thread for gai_KOTO_jin

I love the 1/10 scale figures that you guys have been making, among my favorites are the Clone Wars ones which I believe started the line. My question is will you guys be making any more Clone Wars characters? I would love to see a Darth Maul with mechanical legs, Savage Opress, Ahsoka from Season 4, Captain Rex with Phase II helmet, and General Krell.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stillraven View Post
    I love the 1/10 scale figures that you guys have been making, among my favorites are the Clone Wars ones which I believe started the line. My question is will you guys be making any more Clone Wars characters? I would love to see a Darth Maul with mechanical legs, Savage Opress, Ahsoka from Season 4, Captain Rex with Phase II helmet, and General Krell.
    Thanks.
    Unfortunately this line has already been confirmed as cancelled..., the third set was to be Count Dooku, Asajj Ventress, General Grievous & a hologram Darth Sidious, real pity they cancelled the Clone Wars figures before they released the baddies (in my opinion) but I guess if something isn't making any money you have to cut your loses.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Wow, a bit to catch up on over the weekend here.

I really can't comment in too much detail on what characters are coming soon (or not coming soon); for the statues we have in the works, I have to stick to our release schedule (and resulting announcement schedule). For those that aren't on the coming soon list, I have access to what's in the works for the next year and a half or so- beyond that we start going from the "set in stone" schedule to the "penciled in" schedule to the "non-existent but we're thinking about maybe possibly one of these characters" realm. There is a suggestion thread of characters you'd like to see; please keep posting there. I am reading it and will bring up internally any suggestions that are made.

For specifics I am able to address:

Having just released an ARTFX 1/7th scale Vader earlier this year and with a 1/10th Vader coming near the end of the year, we, too, would like to do some other characters before coming back to another Vader. Same with the upcoming ROTJ 1/10th Fett, we would like to do some other characters before revisiting him again.

I've mentioned this before, but both the 1/10th and 1/7th scale lines are continuing. Without going too deeply into planned release schedules, the 1/10th scale statues have a more frequent target release schedule than the 1/7th, but we are aiming for several releases per year in both lines. Technically speaking, the ARTFX Bishoujo statues are part of the ARTFX 1/7th line. While the reception to the Bishoujos announced so far seems overall positive, we would like to continue both the Bishoujo style and the regular, more movie accurate/realistic ARTFX style. I don't know yet if that will mean alternating Bishoujos into the ARTFX line releases or how that's going to work out. This may depend on how the Jaina Solo statue performs, sales-wise.

More EU characters are a possibility, and not just in the Bishoujos. With the more frequent release schedule of the 1/10th scale, other EU characters are probably more likely to appear in 1/10th, but nothing is set in stone on that yet.

In regards to magnets vs. foot pegs for the 1/7th scale line, I can bring it up. I suspect, however, that due to the increased weight of the 1/7th statues, the magnets wouldn't provide as much stability as they do for the 1/10th. I believe pegs in the bottom of the characters feet rather than pegs coming from the base provides more stability as well, so it is somewhat dependent on the character's size and pose. The Indiana Jones and Batman that were referred to by disgruntledjawa both had fairly stable stances, though looking at the Iron Man Mark VII, it looks like that one would have been fairly stable on its own as well.

I doubt we will do any holocron replicas. Aside from the X-wing diorama, we are pretty much tied to characters rather than what would be considered props. You may wish to submit that question to EFX or one of the other more prop oriented companies, I think it would work well alongside some of the lightsaber hilt replicas.

SoonerSean, are you asking about R2-D2 in particular or the alternate R2 units that will be coming next summer? We are still looking at how we will release the R2s, but not all of them (if any) will be partnered with a protocol droid. I think it likely that there will be single packs, though there will not (at this time) be a single-pack R2-D2 among the releases.

The Clone Wars 1/10th scale series will not be continuing, unfortunately. I thought the Grievous and the Ventress looked great, but it just was not to be.

Some nice replies there..., helpful within the restrictions you find yourself in, thanks!!!
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Thanks buddy, it sucks that we don't get to know what's coming but I guess you have to keep some stuff a secret haha

Thanks gai_KOTO_jin.

Hi can't you make a TC-14 and release it with one of teh EP 1 r2 units. Shouldn't be that hard. Just take the exsiting C-3po mould and make it silver.
    And the Death star droid shouldn't be that hard either. Just a suggestion. Look forward to new 1/10th items.
    My Feedbackhttp://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2526787&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#Post34439102526787[/url]

Hi,

I just want to ask if you've pitched the idea of making the other 3 clone Commanders in the 1:7 scale (ArtFX)..., I'm not asking if they are a definite release or a near future possibility, I'd just like to know if you've proposed them as an idea to the powers that be i.e. Commander Gree, Commander Bacara & Commander Neyo (I'd just like to know either way)???

Thanks.
    Last edited by kevb0977; 09-03-2012 at 02:14 PM.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Quote Originally Posted by gai_KOTO_jin View Post
    SoonerSean, are you asking about R2-D2 in particular or the alternate R2 units that will be coming next summer? We are still looking at how we will release the R2s, but not all of them (if any) will be partnered with a protocol droid. I think it likely that there will be single packs, though there will not (at this time) be a single-pack R2-D2 among the releases.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm a fan of R2-D2 and it's a shame that some cool releases only come out with R2 partnered with 3PO. Was hoping he might be released as a solo item some where down the road. Thanks again.

Thanks for the update. Another quick question. is there going to be more movie Avengers coming out to go with the Iron Man that was just released? I'd really love to see a Captain America and Hulk come out.
    king_marvel on gentle giant collectors forum

My feedback http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1072337/

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast