View Poll Results: Will you be collecting the smaller scale vehicles?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will continue to buy them

9 8.11%
  • No, I'll be sticking to larger vehicles only

102 91.89%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Smaller scaled vehicles, will you be collecting?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFerry View Post
    Adults are the ones with money.
    Yes...what I'm trying to get a feel for is how many adults are collectors and how many are buying for kids.

Granted there may be a low percentage of parents that buy these for their kids as gifts, but at the end of the day it is the hard-core collector who pays for this stuff and it's our hard-earned cash that goes towards future releases, some of which like the awful recent shrunken vehicles will sit on shelves till clearance due to not being the collectors 'cup of tea'.
    Not having kids myself, this is maybe what's confusing me. I'm wondering how much of a children's audience OT and PT merchandise has thanks to DVD and maybe Clone Wars.

just watched the feed from Toy Fair 2013 and unfortunately the Class 2 Vehicles are going to continue the stupid shrunken vehicle concept.

just watched the feed from Toy Fair 2013 and unfortunately the Class 2 Vehicles are going to continue the stupid shrunken vehicle concept.
    So if that's how they want to continue hopefully they will make things like Dooku's Solar Sailer and the Lars Family Speeder or anything else that this scale is appropriate for.

So when are we gonna see an MMF (Mini Millennium Falcon)? Might as well shrink that too, right?
    Wish List: Vedain, Velken, Barada, Yotts Orren, Barge Weequay, Shasa Tiel, Geezum, Gauron Nas Tal, Fozec, Tessek, Lobot, Bib Fortuna, Mercenary Pilot, Gailid, human skiff guard, Pote. (Underlined figure needs update).

Quote Originally Posted by tanksmasher View Post
    So when are we gonna see an MMF (Mini Millennium Falcon)? Might as well shrink that too, right?
    Please don't give the sheep at Hasbro ideas? it's enough that very few gullible sheep collectors bought the last lot, don't encourage them.

I won't be collecting any of this crap. That it's even come to this state of miniaturization is mind-boggling.
    Last edited by WilloftheForce; 02-19-2013 at 11:28 PM.
    "Your focus determines your reality."

I've been a hard core completist since the renaissance of the line, but this has killed it for me.
    These smaller scaled releases should have been introduced as an entirely different line and not presented in the same format, as the regular scaled vehicles.
    Not that I would have bought them mind you. Just think that it's quite silly and a waste of resources.
    Looking for a MOMC set of Episode I (2-Inch) Mini Figures and Anakin/Naboo Fighter set.
    http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeIminifigs.asp

I, too, am a hard line completist but will be drawing the line at these not-quite-mini-rigs. I had considered it briefly but once I saw images (especially those with figures next to them for scale) I instantly realized these stray too far from what I consider the Hasbro Star Wars collection. They are neither here nor there and don't seem to belong anywhere.

The only vehicles that would have been ok to scale down would have the Vulture Droid(the single release version that was in the boxes that are the same size as a Jedi Starfighter were waaaay to big, IMO), and to a lesser extent, the Hyena Bombers also.
    I thought the original released sized Vulture Droids (EpI 3-pack, then in the ROTS Deluxe pack) were fine. Maybe a teeny bit larger than those would be perfect, but I just always felt the Jedi Starfighter sized Vulture Droids were quite a bit too large.

The 1 other vehicle that I have a small gripe with are the large winged TIE Fighters. I mean, compare them to the Falcon now(yes, the BIG Falcon), and the wings look far too large. I never had any gripes with the original ones if put in a diorama hanging chasing the Falcon look perfect.
    Having said that, however, nor do I have any gripes with the lager winged TIE Fighters ----however unlike the smaller ones, the larger ones do look out of place next to the Falcon. They look great as a "stand-alone" piece, but not with other vehicles. I think maybe a "Mid-size" winged TIE could be a concept?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314