Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan's AOTC Jedi Starfighter

Quote Originally Posted by stylie_steve View Post
    I just don't get why they had to waste tooling dollars on these. The mind boggles.
    Smaller vehicles, more chances parents might pick them up for their kids, lower price point = more sales. Larger vehicles run the risk of not moving fast off the shelves so I'm sure they'll still sell well. I think I'll pass as well, not interested in collecting small vehicles after so long.

I think it's cool that Hasbro wants to release cheap ($$$ speaking) version of iconic ships (saber tank?) for the kids and release some for us collectors. But why when we ask about the Sail Barge it is always NO? I don't think anyone would bother if the only ship released a certain year would only be the sail barge, look what happened this year. They released 9 class-II vehicules and out of those 9, only 1 was worth getting and well, we can't find it, so we almost went a full year without any new ship.

Holy cow, I hope that's not what Hasbro is planning for the future of class II vehicles. This is absolutely ridiculous.

I understand the need to scale down larger vehicles like the Sith Infiltrator but starfighters? C'mon Hasbro...
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Just look at the picture people and see the future!

Emperor's Hand

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    Smaller vehicles, more chances parents might pick them up for their kids, lower price point = more sales. Larger vehicles run the risk of not moving fast off the shelves so I'm sure they'll still sell well. I think I'll pass as well, not interested in collecting small vehicles after so long.
    I don't buy this for a second.

Smaller vehicles = more chances of parents buying these for kids?
    So why not make a mini rig Jango Slave One or Obi-Wan Fighter in the class one range. That way you get a vehicles AND figure for a LOWER price point PLUS not **** of the collecting fan base in the process since we all understand that this is what this range is for.

Larger vehicles run the risk of not moving off the shelves?
    Make vehicles that kids and collectors want or just scrap the line. Do not alienate the hardcore collecting fan base by introducing a new scale. Even kids aren't dumb enough to see that their new Obi-Wan and R2-D2 figures they just brought to go with their new Jedi Starfighter seem out of whack. Just look at the droid dome comparison picture. WTF!

GNT you can try bring all the logic in the world to justify these but be honest with yourself and just admit these do not make sense. History suggests scale changes NEVER work in the toy intdustry and with as long as Hasbro has been around they should be wise enough to know this.
    Formerly of Cyber_Syxx fame.

This will be a day long remembered, it has seen the death of Hasbro Star Wars and will soon see the death of collecting Star Wars toys as we know it!

Quote Originally Posted by stylie_steve View Post
    Larger vehicles run the risk of not moving off the shelves?
    Make vehicles that kids and collectors want or just scrap the line. Do not alienate the hardcore collecting fan base by introducing a new scale. Even kids aren't dumb enough to see that their new Obi-Wan and R2-D2 figures they just brought to go with their new Jedi Starfighter seem out of whack. Just look at the droid dome comparison picture. WTF!
    As far as I'm concerned, if you want larger vehicules moving off the shelves, give us something. Of the 8 vehicules released this year in Canada, I owned all 8 and the only 1 I bought was the Trade Federation Tank. No need for the same podracers even tough they have a more colorful paint job, Sith Infiltrator is still in it's box, Vintage Obi-Wan's starfighter, V-Torrent Starfighter & AT-AP (new color) I don't need them again. Now we just got on the shelves the 3rd version of the Republic Saber Tank (I don't remember it what movie or CW episode I have seen it) and we're ne getting the Naboo Fighter..... the only ship everyone wants.

People keep asking Hasbro to re-release this or that ship (Mandalorian Attack Shuttle) but they keep releasing the CW Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter. That ship is on the shelves for now 4 years, same as Yarna, Is there anyone who owns all of the different box design?

I think its great. My kids toys end up trashed in the long run so I do not buy very many vehicles to be played with. (I cleared out the vehicles in the clearence section last year for 12 bucks a piece!) Do not forget that the vehicles are in larger scale right now for collecters in the aftermarket. Don't cast stones at me yet! Last year, I have purchased Obi-Wans Starfighter with hyperspace ring in the opened package with the decals still on the stickersheet for 33 dollars shipped. You just have to search for deals, but they're there. I have seen Jangos Slave one loose for 40 dollars, and yes I am talking about the larger one. So let the kids have they're fun with these and go after the big ones yourself!

I'll be passing on any and all mini vehicles.
    Stop lookin' at my sig

Wow. Just.... wow. I'm absolutely astonished.

I can understand that, while it may be baffling to the consumer, it makes sense for the current market to have a distribution system that operates somewhat inefficiently from the consumer perspective. Manufacturers save costs by re-releasing prior toys, and retailers save costs by not fine-tuning their inventories but instead relying on basic categories and general shipping times. Yadda yadda yadda. Basically, the fact that a huge logjam of pegwarming toys would result in the same old stuff we've seen a thousand times before sitting around gathering dust while new vehicles don't get released at all because retailers and manufacturers don't think it's in their best interests to fine tune the system to allow a retailer to order new product even when old product isn't selling. Fine. The bottleneck, the pegwarming, there's just no way to avoid it. I can accept that.

But what truly, truly astonishes me is that somehow Hasbro looks at this and says, not "Oh, guess we should let those vehicles go out of production for awhile, everyone who wants them seems to have them, and they aren't selling at all -- meanwhile, let's take the barely distributed toys like the Mandalorian troop ship and the newly tooled Naboo Fighter, together with maybe some other new product, and see about putting that into distribution, to reinvigorate the $30 price point and keep interest in the line high." No, instead they say "Oh, people don't want these large vehicles. Let's do a smaller scale, which costs us less to produce."

W.

T.

F.

Hasbro.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast