Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan's AOTC Jedi Starfighter

Agreed. Hasbro always says the tooling is the most expensive part of the production. Why create brand new tooling if they are trying to cut costs?
    Most wanted: Kitster, Wald, and Han Solo- Ceremony (I won't acknowledge the recent Vintage version...)

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFerry View Post
    I think this photo speaks a thousand words:

And every one of them is a swear!!!

I for one am now of the opinion that it has been a MASSIVE LIE all along and that if they are prepared to foist this miniature junk on the market (instead of rereleasing what is already very nicely done) then the previously hyped-up "large tooling costs" are simply NOT TRUE.
    May you live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post

I for one am now of the opinion that it has been a MASSIVE LIE all along and that if they are prepared to foist this miniature junk on the market (instead of rereleasing what is already very nicely done) then the previously hyped-up "large tooling costs" are simply NOT TRUE.
    You know that there is trouble ahead when Hasbro pull a wretched stunt like this, Is this the terrible future for Hasbro's Star Wars toys?

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post

i agree! And they so over used and squeezed every penny out of the old Jedi Starfighter mold, that I bet it finally wore it out, and they HAD to make new molds. Bet you the old Kenner molds were of higher quality as well, which is why it took them longer to wear out!
    Loving Disney and all things Danish and Japanese!!!

Need I say more?

I just noticed that the design team behind the new Yoda mini star fighter.....even smaller than this, uses a BAD head for the droid slot. Again, why not here!?!?!
    Loving Disney and all things Danish and Japanese!!!

DA***!?! I guess I am not getting this afterall. I was hoping for something that is scaled a bit down like in the movie and that would improve the scaling of the existing hyperspace ring. They totally ****ed up in every way possible with this, wasted tooling on something that should have been reserved for a previously unoffered vehicle and gave us long time collectors a glorious **** YOU accompanied by two one fingered salutes. This line is in the handbasket.
    Last edited by Michael_Knight; 08-25-2012 at 12:30 PM.

I find the whole mini-vehicle concept insulting to the intelligence of the collector, to think that they wasted the manpower tooling the prototypes and actually making the decision to releasing them? they could have spent the tooling costs on vehicles/toys that we want instead of vehicles/toys we don't need!

I assumed that for the AOTC 3D release that they would re-issue the 'Rise Of Boba Fett' Slave 1 on it's own, and also release the original Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter? not this ridiculous concept that by releasing newly tooled mini-rig vehicles to save money!

Where is the logic in that?

Need I say more?

This was a definite maybe since it had the astro on the left (I hate the ones with the droids in the middle) but if this is a mini-rig then bleah. Pass.
    Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning

Just look again at the pics, see the future then weep...

Emperor's Hand

I can defend hasbros figure choices but these new mini vehicles I can not!

I understand the need for mini vehicles but that is what the class 1 range is for, I love the new mini yoda fighter but this no ****ing way! If the droid head isn't to scale then I consider this a whole new scale and I have come too far to start a new scale. I just don't get why they had to waste tooling dollars on these. The mind boggles.
    Formerly of Cyber_Syxx fame.

Quote Originally Posted by stylie_steve View Post
    I just don't get why they had to waste tooling dollars on these.
    In my opinion we need to stop repeating the "tooling dollars" Hasbro mantra. The existence of these things gives it out as the TOTAL LIE that it has always been. I am actually way more annoyed by this than I am by the fact that the line is a near-100% pass for me next year. It shows that collectors have been taken for fools all the way along.
    May you live in interesting times.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast