Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jango Fett's Slave 1

I know it's small, but I like it, because I don't have room for a massive ship - but I have room for this!
    Show your love for Imperial Commando 2!
    New figure wants: Zayne Carrick, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo
    Rerelease wants: Jacen and Jaina Solo

$20 was a pretty firm number.

I think this photo speaks a thousand words:

Last edited by LadyFerry; 08-25-2012 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFerry View Post
    I think this photo speaks a thousand words:

Insanely small in the case of Slave 1. The Jedi Starfighters I get, but not this.

Like BlackRook details above, Hasbro was talking to their Johnson when they came up with what ships to downsize.
    Loving Disney and all things Danish and Japanese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Droidworld View Post
    Insanely small in the case of Slave 1. The Jedi Starfighters I get, but not this.

Like BlackRook details above, Hasbro was talking to their Johnson when they came up with what ships to downsize.
    I find the whole mini-vehicle concept insulting to the intelligence of the collector, to think that they wasted the manpower tooling the prototypes and actually making the decision to releasing them? they could have spent the tooling costs on vehicles/toys that we want instead of vehicles/toys we don't need!

I assumed that for the AOTC 3D release that they would re-issue the 'Rise Of Boba Fett' Slave 1 on it's own, and also release the original Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter? not this ridiculous concept that by releasing newly tooled mini-rig vehicles to save money!

Where is the logic in that?

Need I say more?

I find the whole mini-vehicle concept insulting to the intelligence of the collector, to think that they wasted the manpower tooling the prototypes and actually making the decision to releasing them? they could have spent the tooling costs on vehicles/toys that we want instead of vehicles/toys we don't need!

I assumed that for the AOTC 3D release that they would re-issue the 'Rise Of Boba Fett' Slave 1 on it's own, and also release the original Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter? not this ridiculous concept that by releasing newly tooled mini-rig vehicles to save money!

Where is the logic in that?

Need I say more?

I dont think you are the target audience. I am sure these are awesome for kids.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain View Post
    I dont think you are the target audience. I am sure these are awesome for kids.
    And an abomination for collectors.

When Hasbro said earlier this year that they were going to 'downsize' vehicles, I thought they meant the amount of new ones produced and not these shrunken-like nightmares!
    Last edited by LadyFerry; 08-25-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trandoshanhunter View Post
    Small like the POTF2 one(it's a one man fighter).
    Agreed, I got the sense that this was a re-release of the old mold and not a new 'smaller' mold.
    Most wanted: Kitster, Wald, and Han Solo- Ceremony (I won't acknowledge the recent Vintage version...)

Quote Originally Posted by Obi_Han View Post
    Agreed, I got the sense that this was a re-release of the old mold and not a new 'smaller' mold.
    I just saw the comparison pictures- I stand corrected.
    Most wanted: Kitster, Wald, and Han Solo- Ceremony (I won't acknowledge the recent Vintage version...)

Need I say more?

Since the pilot is going to look huge and out of scale in this ship, I see no reason why they could not have made the droid "slot" compatible with attaching a BAD head. It does not look that much bigger or out of place in your pic, and would add way more play possibilities for the kids these are aimed at.

I'm actually Interested in we're this line goes. Not a fan of the crazy downsizing of much larger ships, but I can see some OT concept and onscreen vehicles, perfect for this scale. A slightly sized down skyhopper. 9000 Z001 Landspeeder. A couple McQuarrie Concept vehicles. Who knows?
    Loving Disney and all things Danish and Japanese!!!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast