Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 236371727374 LastLast

Thread: Captain Rex - #09

Quote Originally Posted by dynodave View Post
    So, the head on that Rex does not look as "micro" as the head on my Rex. Not sure if it is just the camera angle, but that one looks decent. Are some better than others?? Did later shipments get a fix on the helmet size?
    Not that I know of. They all look the same to me, i.e. undersized.

This is a signature.

I saw Rex at a Target I don't normally go to, and left him on the pegs for $15.29. They actually had about 8-10 of the figures from this wave. And I am guessing many people don't want to pay that much either. For $12, I probably would have grabbed him. I will check some other Targets that may have him for less.

Quote Originally Posted by dynodave View Post
    So, the head on that Rex does not look as "micro" as the head on my Rex. Not sure if it is just the camera angle, but that one looks decent. Are some better than others?? Did later shipments get a fix on the helmet size?
    Think it's the camera angle.
    Want:
    Black Series 6" Tie Fighter Pilot (not the TFA one)
    My Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1049653/

Emperor's Hand

I like this Rex more than I thought I would but I just can't helpt but think what could have been with the amazing looking Phase I figure. This one just doesn't have the possibility and the head is a bit small but still he is well painted and does still look very cool.

I am just happy Hasbro decided to give us at least one realistic Rex figure after a long long wait.
    Formerly of Cyber_Syxx fame.

is there possibility of switching out the anitmated CW helmet with this figures helmet? or did i miss something and this guy has a peg head and not ball joint? i got him on ebay for some custom work and just wondering how much work i'll need to put into him.
    Dishing out the wisdom of a fool on a daily basis.

Had no problem grabbing this off the shelf today. The boy was stoked and he'll get to play with him until we set up our ROTS shelf again.
    A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

Quote Originally Posted by REBELPURGE View Post
    is there possibility of switching out the anitmated CW helmet with this figures helmet? or did i miss something and this guy has a peg head and not ball joint? i got him on ebay for some custom work and just wondering how much work i'll need to put into him.

I think so, but not sure as I hollowed out my CW helmet. You might have to modify the ball joint a little to fit though as I think the CW one is smaller.
    Want:

got one yesterday and found that the entire arm and the lower leg are compatible with the 'skinny' realistc clone trooper. i already had a modified realistic kama for a custom i was working on. now i just have to figure out the head/helmet/pauldron that i had originally planned on using as they don't fit the 'skinny' clone quite right.
    Dishing out the wisdom of a fool on a daily basis.

So, I went and redid my Rex with removable helmet. Previously I used the CW Phase II helmet which was kinda large. Makes him look weird beside other Clone Commanders. Also, the paint on the CW one did not actually match up with the paint on the Black Collection one. So, I went and hollowed out the Black Collection Rex helmet. What do you think? I had to mod the neck to fit the Rex head on though. I wanted to take off the head to show the mod, but I couldn't remove it anymore. I had to elongate the neck with a screw and the screw is a bit tight (which is good so I can remove the helmet without his head popping off). I used a big head screw and popped Rex's head onto it. The lower neck part where the joint was had to be shaved down to make it look like a neck and then painted black.

Helmet is removable:

Want:

I don't get what they were thinking with this one, borrowing and modifying tooling from the 5 PoA line. They already had the parts library to put together a much better figure with less work. This is unfortunate.
    "The boy is pure dagnasty evil."
    "Uh huh. Ya think?"
    "Warned you, we tried. Listen, you did not. Now screwed we all will be!!"

Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 236371727374 LastLast