Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle Droid - Movie Heroes

I love the idea. I'm just sick of spending 10$ on battle droids.
    "The ability to speak does not make one intelligent." - A wise man

Feedback Thread!: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1005743-4/#post18189030

I avoided the TVC one, and I'll probably avoid this too! But again, nice that it's SLIGHTLY different, and not just the double pack again. (Although that was better value for money)

Mildly interested.
    Are you very mechanical? Well, I was just wondering if you could tell me where this goes? See I wasn’t really online when they were programming us for logic repairs. Usually I can figure it out but these old R5′s are kinda built backwards, know what I mean? Heh! No, you don’t know what I mean…

Well, the torso definitely looks off.

And you gotta give it to Hasbro. Ever since 2007 Hasbro has been releasing the same Battle Droid mold that used to be the SAGA Deluxe C-3PO's pack-in. But at least back then they gave us two for the price of one basic figure (and with a nice Kashyyyk camo pattern, too).
    But now they're literally screwing with their customers by releasing a figure that, although newly sculpted, was originally meant to be nothing more than a pack-in figure with the SAGA Deluxe Mace Windu.

Ever since the 2010 Saga Legends SA Battle Droids being released as a two-pack, there is no excuse to release a non-SA Battle Droid by itself and charge a regular figure's price for it.
    Especially not one with only 5 points of articulation which no Battle Droid used to have outside the Deluxe C-3PO Pack-in until 2007's Kashyyyk Battle Droids.

I like the original 1999 one best.
    Sturdy plastic and not a midget.
    POTJ red security markings one is good too.
    May you live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranusspotting View Post

And you gotta give it to Hasbro. Ever since 2007 Hasbro has been releasing the same Battle Droid mold that used to be the SAGA Deluxe C-3PO's pack-in. But at least back then they gave us two for the price of one basic figure (and with a nice Kashyyyk camo pattern, too).
    But now they're literally screwing with their customers by releasing a figure that, although newly sculpted, was originally meant to be nothing more than a pack-in figure with the SAGA Deluxe Mace Windu.

Ever since the 2010 Saga Legends SA Battle Droids being released as a two-pack, there is no excuse to release a non-SA Battle Droid by itself and charge a regular figure's price for it.
    Especially not one with only 5 points of articulation which no Battle Droid used to have outside the Deluxe C-3PO Pack-in until 2007's Kashyyyk Battle Droids.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    I'm with you guys 2 billion % I'm not a big battle droid fan, but those 5 poa versions are terrible; I once bought a lot of the green versions off ebay because I didn't know how bad the articulation was

I'll never understand why they strayed away from the original version. It was almost an SA figure.
    Recovering Army Builder

My Feedback thread http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1086040/#post18937454

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranusspotting View Post

This one look to be all new, actually, not the deluxe Windu one.
    (Windu one split below the torso, not the middle, also lacked footpegs...which is very frustrating since it can't stand up well).

Single carded, yeah. Actually the Theed Power Generator playset droid had 5 points (i think it was used for the foreing release bonus Battle Droids, too). The Theed Hanger Battle droid didn't even have poseable arms...but it was really a prop for the remote Qui-Gon to knock over.. The mini Trade Federation scout tank pilot had 5 points.

Not that I'm defending Hasbro. The C-3PO Deluxe Battle Droid mold sucks and it made from way too soft a plastic, it's hard to get them to stand up and their limbs warp.

I'm bummed we never got the last Legends 2-pack in khaki. I bought a lot of the red ones.
    Last edited by Scockery; 07-19-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scockery View Post
    This one look to be all new, actually, not the deluxe Windu one.
    (Windu one split below the torso, not the middle, also lacked footpegs...which is very frustrating since it can't stand up well).
    You missed my point. I know it's a new sculpt. I just meant that back in 2002 a figure like this only warranted as a Deluxe figure's pack-in.
    Jump forward ten years and Hasbro is charging us a basic figure's price for this. And let's not even get started on the price inflation that happened between those ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    We agree yet again, enemy-of-EU.
    Show your love for Imperial Commando 2!
    New figure wants: Zayne Carrick, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo
    Rerelease wants: Jacen and Jaina Solo

There is a disturbance in the Force!
    May you live in interesting times.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast