Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official EBay bidders that win and don't pay list!!!

Ohh thanks to God my Id is not here, jejeje,sorry, jejeje, this is my first time selling on ebay so i hope dont add more non paying users

Visit my thread with Lili Ledy stuff http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083712/

coinsncollectibles1
    NON paying, winning bidder, did not reply to messages until claim was filed, still didn't pay.

I have to raise object to this thread again.
    [CAUTION: POTENTIAL RANT ]

I find it commonplace that buyers do not respond or take checkout seriously when it doesn't work properly, and it seems to me that a lot of you are jumping to conclusions and not taking this possibility into account. Ebay checkout is highly dysfunctional, full of glitches, and the popularity of new technology such as ebay's mobile app for iphone is skyrocketing, which causes additional problems.

We had two buyers on my mom's ebay account in just the last week who did not pay, did not communicate there was a problem until a dispute was filed and/or they were prompted and asked, and who both reported not being able to complete checkout on a smart phone due to ebay technical difficulties.

How can you unilaterally hold buyers accountable for this and black list them this way? This is not right.

Clearly the kind of customer who is using a smart phone to shop on ebay most likely has money to spend, is probably a busy working professional who can't be expected to go to great extra lengths just to pay for an ebay auction.

I also frequently shop on ebay using the mobile app on my smart phone, so I have seen first hand the glitches and checkout difficulty. Only paypal seems to be supported on ebay mobile, and there is still a tiny segment of professional businesses using merchant creditcard account payment options. Whether alongside paypal as a secondary option or independently without offering paypal, this tends to throw a wrench in the mobile app's gears and prevent anyone from completing checkout. I have seen this both on buying and selling ends.

When I message sellers on my mobile with ebay app, it is extremely difficult to get a really full message into the phone. My voice recognition only works half the time, frequently does not register what I say or misinterprets it, causing me to have to micro-edit my messages and repeat myself. It is indeed a 3-ring circus having to explain anything complicated to sellers, many of whom have no clue how the ebay system works and its pitfalls.

And the other half of the time it says 'sending message' until the theoretically sent message disappears as if it has gone through. Checking the sent message folder however you may well discover your message to the seller simply disappeared and was never actually sent. In other words, the phone sent it, and ebay never got it. It disappeared in cyber-cell-phone space and never gave you any error message to tell you so. It can be difficult and frustrating. If you think your buyer is just going to hop-to and bend over backward to deal with these things just to buy your toy on ebay, you are expecting too much.

I have had cases where I simply gave up, did not pay, did not contact the seller (despite a couple of tries) and went on with my routine (more important) day to day business. I can only devote so much time and trouble to a single ebay purchase on my cell phone.

Last I would like to point out that often when my phone is on any kind of roam setting, even those roaming areas included in my provider's billing plan for which I am not charged, ebay frequently interprets my location as a foreign country. It specifically tells me I cannot checkout at all because I am "registered in a country" where ebay mobile checkout is not supported. Of course that is hogwash, but that's what happens, frequently and without warning.

Checkout from users in foreign countries is not supported by ebay mobile, wheter you are registered there or you are visiting there and using your phone there to shop. And ebay seems to think any digital roaming area is a "foreign country". Really wise, ebay! There is no warning about this at all, and no help if it happens. You may not ever know or see this until after you have won the bid, because up until the minute you try to pay everything else works perfectly. You can easily watch the item down to the last second and snipe it, and only then will ebay tell you that you are currently located overseas in some foreign roaming area, so they won't let you checkout now.

You can easily bid and win and then suddenly find yourself faced with an error message that prevents you from paying once the listing has ended.

So, I reiterate, you all should be careful when labeling non-payers. There may be very good reason for it aside from the obvious that the person may have died, been in some accident, suddenly changed their minds, actually traveled to a foreign country, etc. It could very well be ebay itself preventing you from getting paid, and what level-headed, well-adjusted person is going to take the purchase seriously when the website itself is keeping them from fulfilling their obligation? Think about it. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDerek View Post
    Ok, Here you go: vulcool23, ghoulsandgoblins842012, and cptam67
    What! I have a case open on cptam67 also! Double whammy. He doesn't have any negative feedback and I was reluctant to leave negative feedback thinking something may have happened to this person.

Edit: Guess Sellers can't leave neg feeback anymore...
    Last edited by newmennium; 07-23-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newmennium View Post
    What! I have a case open on cptam67 also! Double whammy. He doesn't have any negative feedback and I was reluctant to leave negative feedback thinking something may have happened to this person.

Edit: Guess Sellers can't leave neg feeback anymore...

You can just leave him negative feedback in the positive section.

Please put delta 632 in your section. He bid on over 35 auctions in two weeks and paid nobody. EBay even sent out a notice about this person. Be aware.
    My Feedback
    Looking for a Vlix loose or carded. Also looking for 12 backs. Please PM

I would have to agree with Starwarsdan on this one. On top of what he said in this climate of negative feedback affecting selling on Ebay so much why would you ever want to essentially force someone to buy something they don't want. Seems like a good way to get a negative whether it's justified or not.

wow. I would never. I hate people who ruin it for geniune bidders! Grrr
    HELP, I am looking for any alternate pictures of R2-X2 (stripes on dome), this droid is seen in Ep IV, during rebel briefing and being loaded into an X-Wing prior to Death Star Attack.
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1074313/ <-for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Master_M_M View Post
    It happened to me again

It wasn't about star wars.PM me if you want the ebay id.
    Go ahead and post....this is why I created the thread.
    My Feedback
    Looking for a Vlix loose or carded. Also looking for 12 backs. Please PM

Quote Originally Posted by SeerDrakon View Post
    Go ahead and post....this is why I created the thread.
    ok

martinahitchcock
    josemapul
    menocu87

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast