Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The huge lot - my Custom Head & Helmet sculpts - All of them

Holy $**+ *****!!!!!

i'll second that!
    continuing the vintage dream......one custom at a time!

Wow, those are beautiful. The Indy sculpts really stand out. Wish I had a spare $9000 lying around.
    501st Legion, New England Garrison, TR-4206
    R.H. Mardigan Enterprises

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilus View Post
    These are amazin
    Thanks a lot - glad you like them

Quote Originally Posted by AgentClaret View Post
    I almost SOILED MYSELF.

You already know I love the Fett Helmet's but the Plagueis heads you did are the best!
    Thanks AgentClaret The Plagueis heads were fun because I wasn't so limited
    from much Refference Material, and after I had done the *regular* Muun head
    I just wanted to make a Version a bit more brutal. I had seen a tin Miniature of
    Plagueis that had some kind of breathing mask on, so I just tried to sculpt my
    own version of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSilence View Post
    these are incredible. i'm floored...
    Thanks a lot JohnSilence

Quote Originally Posted by Cell View Post
    A real pleasure to look at all these amazing headsculpts!
    Thanks also to you Cell

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsguy View Post
    Nicely done!
    ^^ glad you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Spookymufu View Post
    insane, I would love to have some of these, and many of a few of them
    Hi Spookymufu - well, at least this time there is a chance ... let's see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing_Well View Post
    A lot of nice sculpts, really liking the Yoda one, not so sure about Caedus though.
    Thanks a lot Wishing_Well For Caedus I went for the look from the pic I posted here below.
    It's a bit *pretty*, but that was what I thought was so interesting - a Sith Lord who doesn't
    look like he was run over by a Convoy of Peterbilts ... this is more like *Darth Bieber* ...

Quote Originally Posted by Revanfan1 View Post
    I don't believe my eyes. Those are....wow...
    Thanks a lot Revanfan1

Quote Originally Posted by JediMerc View Post
    Some of the details in the sculpts almost seems to get lost in the paint---not that there's anything wrong with the paint jobs on these at all. I'd almost just want the plain sculpts: absolutely beautiful!
    You're absolutely right - that's EXACTLY what I'm thinking ... that's why I really wish I could get
    especially the human heads in flesh colored plastic or resin ... there is much more potential in
    them when all the details are not smudged over by paint ... I tried my best with the paint jobs,
    but my personal taste is also the plain *Action Figure Look* with just the eyes, eyebrows and hair
    painted on ... sadly I couldn't manage to mix a proper skin color to make colored Resin copies ...

Quote Originally Posted by JediMerc View Post
    Loving the Indy stuff: Lao Che and Marcus Brody(!) in particular look phenomenal!
    Glad you like those there are still a few Indy heads that I would like to do in the future ...

Quote Originally Posted by SGT_A View Post
    Holy $**+ *****!!!!!
    ... thanks ^^

Quote Originally Posted by darth_stranger View Post
    i'll second that!
    ... and thanks ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dak View Post
    Wow, those are beautiful. The Indy sculpts really stand out. Wish I had a spare $9000 lying around.
    Thanks a lot Dak - glad you like them ... well ... I know the price is most likely shocking
    at first, but in fact it's quite a bargain ... as I know that most collectors (including me!!!)
    are mostly always pretty low on cash (... at least I am all the time - thanks Hasbro ... ^^)
    I am open for offers ...

Let's say if the person who wanted them would send me two complete sets of properly
    colored casts for free (human heads cast in flesh tones, Ponda in Olive, and so on ...)
    I would considder going down another whopping 1000,-$ - and that only for sending me
    2 sets (always need spares) of copies of my own works, since I would really love to have
    them for my own customs in all the proper base colors.
    That would then be *only* 8 grand for all the sculpting, making all the molds, doing all the
    casting, 36 Master Resin copies and 36 painted resin copies ... really ... that's a joke ...

Cheers and take care guys

Evergrey
    Join the Dork Side ...

All I can keep saying is WOW wow wow. These are amazing
    John316

Wow. The craftsmanship is superb. To bad you are not doing castings of individual heads, I would loved to get a few of them. Just don't have $9000 to buy all of them. Again excellent work

Those are too cool!!! Great work, man.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Absoluty mindboggling! Especially love the aliens, but is this 9000 amount accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by ctonra View Post
    All I can keep saying is WOW wow wow. These are amazing
    Thanks a lot ctonra

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskenj View Post
    Wow. The craftsmanship is superb. To bad you are not doing castings of individual heads, I would loved to get a few of them. Just don't have $9000 to buy all of them. Again excellent work
    Thanks a lot for the kind words Tuskenj In my last post above I dropped the price
    to 8 grand IF I get 2 complete sets of *colored casts* from the buyer later lol ...

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    Those are too cool!!! Great work, man.
    Thanks a lot Trooper31 - glad you like 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_McBaine View Post
    Absoluty mindboggling! Especially love the aliens, but is this 9000 amount accurate?
    Thanks Darth_McBaine

Well, let me try to explain the price: try and commission a professional sculptor (wich I am)
    (god how I hate to say that line - I think it sounds stupid ... other people can go and say
    *I'm a banker* or *I sell used cars*, but saying *I am a professional Toy sculptor* just
    feels strange to say - feels a bit *show-off* wich I absolutely hate, so usually I don't tell
    people that I meet what I do, but it's my job, that's what I do for a living, I sculpt toys)
    Ok sorry for that - back on track - so you go and ask a mid-priced professinal sculptor
    to sculpt you a 3 3/4 inch head with a decent likeness, then to make a mold, make some
    casts and to paint one example for you and tell him he'll get 250$ for all of that together.
    The reaction would most likely be that he will shake his head and start laughing at you
    and tell you that for all of this you are missing about 500$ bucks you still have to add.
    The *accurate* or realistic amount for this lot (if officially commissioned by a company)
    would be about 27.000,- US$ (those 36 heads including the sculpting, moldmaking, casting
    and painting represent a total worktime of about 4 months, you know ...)

In no way I meant to sound harsh, but that's reality. A lot of people simply underestimate
    the time and work that things like these take. I could sculpt a *passable* likeness in that
    size in a day, but at that size the hard part is really to get the character feel and a nice
    expression that works in that size but still doesn't look like a grimace, so the least time I
    have put into any of those (likeness involved) heads was about 3 days ...

On the Darth Vader Helmet I worked several weeks to get that wonky but menacing look
    that I wanted right, Yoda also took a lot of time and most of the aliens like Ponda Baba
    took about 4 days (except Arleil schous - he took forever - lol). I think the Bespin Guard
    was the *easiest* - that only took 1 day because he did not include the hard part of
    having to match the likeness of any specific persons face.

Hope that explained things a bit

cheers,

Evergrey
    Last edited by Evergrey; 05-22-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    Join the Dork Side ...

These are beautiful
    Would not suspect that they are only 3 3/4 inch scale... The detail on them... :O

Rather fond of the Indiana Jones ones.

You done a great job on all of them not only in sculpting but capturing the likeness

Ben

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast