Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Kotobukiya purchase(s)....

Quote Originally Posted by disgruntledjawa View Post
    Just picked up, the 3PO/R2 set. Really digging the Kotos lately.
    Whether they're 1/7 or 1/10, I've been impressed with the face-less pieces.
    "Only now, at the end, do you understand."

Quote Originally Posted by MrPickles View Post
    Whether they're 1/7 or 1/10, I've been impressed with the face-less pieces.
    I think the new Obi Wan 1/7 scale figure looks realistic facial features wise BUT any of the other human characters Kotobukiya have made aren't very good at all (so far)... that's the very reason I don't buy anything made in human character form (made by them)!!! I too have been impressed by their other works though..., I think they've done a better job than any other manufacturer with the clone troopers & Sandtroopers for starters, the detailing has been far better!!!
    Last edited by kevb0977; 05-27-2012 at 04:11 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    "Look Sir, Droids"

The Darth Maul statues have been pretty good, too, though I guess I would put them in a category somewhere between "realistic face" and "armor/droid face".

Quote Originally Posted by Six8ten View Post
    The Darth Maul statues have been pretty good, too, though I guess I would put them in a category somewhere between "realistic face" and "armor/droid face".
    The 1:10 scale figure they've made looks ok BUT the 2 1:7 scale figures Kotobukiya made don't look that great (to me anyway)..., never been a fan of the teeth growl look so their first Darth Maul was a pass for me & the 2nd release, well it's the twisting neck of that I have a problem with..., I think they made the neck too long in stretching it round & it just looks odd to me so that was a pass aswell!!!
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Quote Originally Posted by MrPickles View Post
    Action Figure Express had the Shock Trooper 2-Pack for 35%-off this weekend.
    Normally $85, now $55. That was enough to get me to pull the trigger.
    These arrived today and wow, really nice quality & detail to them. They look sharp flanking Lord Vader, who has been patiently waiting for them to join him for months. Overall, a happy addition to my Shock Trooper collection.
    "Only now, at the end, do you understand."

The Stormtroopers look better next to Darth Vader..., looks more scene specific too. They are also really nicely made figures but I think all of the 1:10 are pretty good quality wise!!!
    "Look Sir, Droids"

So tonight while shopping at a local Barnes and Noble I nearly did a double take when I saw this diplay.

B&N now carriers some Kotobukiya items. I bought Ahsoka Tano for just over $38.

Pretty cool to see some mainstream Koto love!

Cool, I have the Ahsoka Tano, Anakin & Darth Vader figures..., not bought the Boba Fett as yet, pondered on getting it though!!!
    "Look Sir, Droids"

I've been wanting to complete the CW Yoda figure for a few years now but the Ahsoka had been a real pain to track down for a fair price.

the sculpt on the figure is 100% true to the animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAlex View Post
    I've been wanting to complete the CW Yoda figure for a few years now but the Ahsoka had been a real pain to track down for a fair price.

the sculpt on the figure is 100% true to the animated series.
    I was impressed with the Kotobukiya Clone Wars figures myself, that's why I bought the lot..., didn't think that much on Gentle Giants versions, got a couple of the clones & Anakin BUT that's it as I'm not particularly fond of them, Kotobukiya did a far better job & I love all of the figures they made in this range, it's just a pity they cancelled it before making the baddies!!!
    Last edited by kevb0977; 06-21-2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast