Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Of The Force General Discussion Thread

Those are cool. I didn't watch TV hardly at all between 1995-1997, so I've never seen any of those.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Does anyone know (or have a link to) the case breakdown for the once-infamous "R2-D2 with Holographic Leia" wave of commtech figures? I've got one that's been sitting on my shelf for 12 years and I've forgotten what's in there.
    The news: This Week in Star Wars

Looking for Bossk items - Modern or Vintage

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Does anyone know (or have a link to) the case breakdown for the once-infamous "R2-D2 with Holographic Leia" wave of commtech figures? I've got one that's been sitting on my shelf for 12 years and I've forgotten what's in there.
    POTF2 - Basic Figures
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve
    POTF Assortment #84185B - October 1999
    Note: All are w/COMMtech Chip
    3 x Darth Vader with Interrogation Droid (.0000)
    3 x Stormtrooper with Battle Damage and Blaster Rifle Rack (.0000)
    1 x R2-D2 w/'Holographic' Leia (.0000)
    2 x Han Solo with Blaster Pistol and Holster (.0000)
    1 x Luke Skywalker with T-16 Skyhopper Model (.0000)
    1 x Greedo with Blaster Pistol (.0000)
    1 x Jawa with 'Gonk' Droid (.0000) w/no holes in feet, 1 hole or 2 holes
    -VICTORY IS OURS-
    -YOU WILL JOIN US-
    visit your imperial recruitment center now.

Many thanks.
    The news: This Week in Star Wars

Looking for Bossk items - Modern or Vintage

I would want to see their reaction if I returned a MISB Ewok Village and be like i bought this yesterday!LOL

hi guys. this is my first post.
    i have a large collection of potf2 and episode 1 figures and some from episode 2.
    i'm looking to purchase some of the figures i'm missing from my collection.
    is now a good time to buy or should i wait until the episode vii comes out?
    will they be cheaper then or is now the time to buy?
    i'm mostly looking at sales on ebay and they seem pretty low...
    i'm not exactly looking for any expensive variants, just regular figures.
    what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by nicesith View Post
    hi guys. this is my first post.
    i have a large collection of potf2 and episode 1 figures and some from episode 2.
    i'm looking to purchase some of the figures i'm missing from my collection.
    is now a good time to buy or should i wait until the episode vii comes out?
    will they be cheaper then or is now the time to buy?
    i'm mostly looking at sales on ebay and they seem pretty low...
    i'm not exactly looking for any expensive variants, just regular figures.
    what do you guys think?
    If you are only looking to buy PotF2/Ep1/SAGA figures, you might as well buy them now, they are all pretty cheap (with a few exceptions) so buying lots will help you lower the price.

If you're looking for figures from every lines, take some time to really check which figures you are looking for (you may not need 20 Vader for example), you will save a lot of money by only buying your favorite fig from each character.

Note that very few figures stay high in price, usually it's a mix of novelty (the TVC line is quite high nowadays) and perceived "rarity" (the last waves of each line are usually produced in lower numbers, figs from KOTOR are desirable because gamers tend to buy only these).

Again, try to buy lots of figures to keep the price low, and then cherry pick the last few ones you miss with a little overcharge.

thanks!
    i don't want to spend too much money now, so i was hoping to spread my purchases out over the next couple of years.
    i'm just afraid that when the new films come out, all figures from all lines will demand higher prices and at that point i won't be able to afford them. maybe i'll purchase the rare ones now, and pick up the not so rare ones in the future....

thanks for your response.

The old figures (PotF2-SAGA) will probably never go up in price. They were all overproduced, and most of the characters have been repainted/repacked or resculpted in later lines.

For example, in the Potf2 line, the only characters that have not been yet redone are :
    - ASP-7
    - EV-9D9
    - Yakface
    - 8D8
    - Captain Piett
    - Death Star Droid (although there were BAD in the TLC line)
    - Ishi Tib
    - Lak Sivrak
    - Mon Mothma
    - Pote Snitkin
    - Ree-Yees

You can have those for 3-10$ each.

Again, I'd recommend that you use your advantage of coming so late to really look at the figures (use the database or the book 30 years of action figures) and only buy the figures you like the most when there have been many different sculpts (Luke farmer for example). You will avoid lots of duplicates and save lots of money.

Plus, if you get most figures for 3-5$, it doesn't hurt that much to spend 50 on the one rare figure in a line

Can vintage kenner figures fit on the pegs with the POTF2 re release of the Tatooine Skiff from 1999?

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast