Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Power Of The Force General Discussion Thread

Winners is a wacky store. Last year I saw a Force Projection Luke and now I found a Comtech Han Solo. Both were $7.99

Today was an Endor Leia with coin.

Picked up an awesome flea market buy, a sealed Kenner Detention Block Rescue playset for $15. Got a Dagobah Luke short saber there MOC for $4 too. I hope he's back again, I'd love to get the Yoda since I had traded him away a long time ago, yet I still have his backpack and cane somewhere. Still need a black Jedi Luke, probably my favorite figure from the entire line outside of white Luke which was my first purchase as a kid.
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

Speaking of childhood favorites... I FINALLY got Slave I!

When I was a kid this was the one Kenner toy that would intrigue me the most. Plus I did not know about the re-release Hasbro did when they were doing Shadows of the Empire. Until I started to scavenge around for Canadian "The Empire Strikes Back" stuff. So after making a few sacrifices I bought this one from the original owner!

If you click on the image you will notice the worst being a white mark below the "carbonite frozen" Han Solo figure. What you don't see is that there is an outward dent around the area where "Carbonite" Han Solo is shown. It is not a major issue and the box looks to be between an AFA 80+ and an AFA 85. Something I am fine with because... One, Hasbro used the original mold to make this toy. B, no... Two, it has the same function/features as the one I wanted ever since I was a kid. And finally three, or C, it was both offerless and also included the additional figure on the box.

So as of yesterday, and me still being too excited to sleep, I finally have one version of my "holy grails"! With the downside being that I need to figure out how I can get $238.30 if I decide to have AFA grade it (instead of just getting a UV resistant custom case for it)! Either way, I am aiming to collect the green foiled Canadian variants of Bossk, Dengar, and Zuckuss. So not having the green boxed variant of Slave I is fine to me. Especially since I doubt I can find one in the same condition in the wild, or even find a Canadian "Freeze Frame" Boba Fett as well.

Ranting aside... Anybody have any new goals involving both this line and its Shadows of the Empire counterpart?
    Now selling the last of my Star Wars collection.
    PLEASE LOOK! My new one will not be this for my sanity's sake.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425