Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just a couple *new* custom head sculpts ...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Knight View Post
    Incredible, just incredible. I love the Arleil.
    Thanks a lot Michael the Arleil sculpt took an insane amount of time to get
    that *70s crappy werewolf mask* look right, but I think it turned out nice ...

You may have already done so but if you made a business casting the your heads and pre-painting them you could make insane amounts of money.
    Exactly that is what I can't do due to my job (I'm a pro sculptor in the toy business)
    as selling *pirate copies* of licensed stuff could hurt my reputation and could get my
    work / life / future into serious trouble.
    What I CAN do is sell *one-off* commission sculpts - whatever happens with those
    after the client received the sculpt is out of my hands ...

I know because I do a lot of customizing and whenever I sell off extra heads they go for a good chunk of change.
    I can imagine that, but aside from the problems I could get due to my job, I
    also have a huge time problem - I am so stuffed with work, that I can hardly
    find the time to work on these things off hours. For example just painting a
    Walrus-Man head or an *easy* human head like Piett already takes way over
    an hour, Arleil took about 2 hours to paint and that Boba Fett Helmet calmost
    made me go nuts as it took over 5 hours to paint it ... and the sculpting takes
    days and days and days (in some cases like Vader, Yoda or Arleil it took weeks).
    Join the Dork Side ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kobayashi View Post
    Welllll if I can be picky, I was just looking for a pic of those four in their movie configuration. Just for curiosity's sake. But it doesn't matter so long as I can keep drooling over that Wolfman
    ... here you go ... hope thats ok ...

Join the Dork Side ...

So we need to find someone who has good casting skills... man am I kicking myself for not biting the bullet and buying a casting kit and figuring it out by now. I hear it's kinda complicated and there's a bit of a learning curve though...
    Things I need
    Marvel Legends Jean Grey, Titanium Boba Fett helmet
    Have: BF Shocktrooper, various TFA, Tarkin, Zuckuss
    "Warning: If your Man is Iron for more than four hours, consult your Doctor Doom...

Quote Originally Posted by AgentClaret View Post
    So we need to find someone who has good casting skills... man am I kicking myself for not biting the bullet and buying a casting kit and figuring it out by now. I hear it's kinda complicated and there's a bit of a learning curve though...
    I couldn't do it myself either, and always had to pay a friend of mine who
    is a very good moldmaker (but sadly he isn't cheap). Then we had a bit of
    a falling out over him always taking forever to finish my stuff, so I decided
    to finally buy some silicone and resin on ebay, watch a couple moldmaking
    tutorials on youtube and learn how to make molds and casts the easy and
    fast way. I started that about a good 2 months ago, and I'm getting better
    and better ... sadly to really make *perfect* casts an *Air-pressure-cabin*
    is needed, and the cheapest good quality setup I could find was about 6000€
    ... ouch ouch ouch ... but since I don't really need to make a lot of molds
    the *cheap* way will do ... btw. it's not that hard in the end - try and error
    worked great for me, as the hardest part with every mold is to find the best
    position for the air-canals and the pouring-hole where you pour the resin into
    the mold.
    Join the Dork Side ...

Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    ... here you go ... hope thats ok ...
    Love it! Many thanks
    Product shown in fantasy situation

I want to buy your arleil schous! or at least his head!

Casting?...

Jokabofe.

Is the head on your Indy a homemade cast or based off an existing Hasbro sculpt?
    Most wanted: Kitster, Wald, and Han Solo- Ceremony (I won't acknowledge the recent Vintage version...)

Quote Originally Posted by Obi_Han View Post
    Is the head on your Indy a homemade cast or based off an existing Hasbro sculpt?
    That Indy head + hat are my own sculpts and are not
    based on any Hasbro head ...
    here is a pic of a cast of that head in flesh-colored resin ...

Join the Dork Side ...

Arleil Schous

Hi i want to buy your Arleil Schous how much would you sell or make one for me?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast