Page 3 of 278 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney B.A.D Parts

Here's a pic of the machine they will be using to make you into an action figure...

And here's the guy who will be responsible for making sure the privacy of your 3-D image is kept secure in Disney's database...

*image removed, this isn't appropriate for the site*
    Last edited by GNT; 03-17-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Oh...goodness. I never heard of this Build-A-Droid rumor. If its true, I'm in trouble. Might have to do some string-pulling. Or have a nerd breakdown.

Combinations will be endless. And my wallet will scream in pain.
    Last edited by R5_D2; 03-17-2012 at 01:23 AM.
    Are you very mechanical? Well, I was just wondering if you could tell me where this goes? See I wasn’t really online when they were programming us for logic repairs. Usually I can figure it out but these old R5′s are kinda built backwards, know what I mean? Heh! No, you don’t know what I mean…

Quote Originally Posted by R5_D2 View Post
    Oh...goodness. I never heard of this Build-A-Droid rumor. If its true, I'm in trouble. Might have to do some string-pulling. Or have a nerd breakdown.

Combinations will be endless. And my wallet will scream in pain.
    I know what you mean. With all of the parts this sounds like it could potentially double my Astromech collection (Ok, maybe that's a bit of an overstatement, but definitely increase it by an amount that I never could have imagined!). I don't know what I'm going to do..XD I do wish there were more than two R3 heads available though, since they're my favorite. Still, a purple R3? Sounds awesome. I really hope it's true, though. This is the most excited I've been over a Star Wars rumor.

Thats at least 25 new Astromechs just counting the individual domes + assembled colour matching bodies.

Assuming some aren't re-releases & the rumours true.

There's always an easy way to get Disney exclusives. They have a phone ordering system.
    Hasbro, hear my plea for the Rickshaw Droid!
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, BD-3000 "Betty droid".
    My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t858622/

Aww, the South Park image is gone. That's what made that post hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Knight View Post
    Aww, the South Park image is gone. That's what made that post hilarious.
    Awww, boo. Guess things here can only be TV14 and under. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by skytreader; 03-17-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by my_kind_of_scum View Post
    There's always an easy way to get Disney exclusives. They have a phone ordering system.
    But I think it's hinted at that these (R8, R9 specifically) are SW Weekends only exclusives, so you may not be able to do that with these.

Personally I think it's an insult to only offer these up at an event like that, what they need to do is sell another battle pack set and call it Droid Factory.

And since there wont be a need for Harnesses in this one they can be substituted by a fifth Droid.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    But I think it's hinted at that these (R8, R9 specifically) are SW Weekends only exclusives, so you may not be able to do that with these.

Personally I think it's an insult to only offer these up at an event like that, what they need to do is sell another battle pack set and call it Droid Factory.

And since there wont be a need for Harnesses in this one they can be substituted by a fifth Droid.

Could you expand on the R8 & R9 being a SW weekends exclusive? Are they saying the rest will be made available otherwise, like online? Or only that the rest of the parts have already been made available in the past in some form, and so only the new molds can be called 'exclusive'?

What they *really* need to do is to make a battlepack the way I've been advocating since the late 90s:

Make a single, standard package that can fit one each of the R2, R3, R4, and R5 astromechs in an "exploded" style format, so that the buyer can see that the parts can be switched around. Then offer at least 2-3 different sets in one wave, with each set offering a set of droids in unique schemes. Play up the fact that you can switch the parts around between the different sets on the back of the packaging. Make the sets partly color-coordinated, like have a yellow R3 dome in one set, with a matching yellow body on an R4 droid in another set. Each set should have a black Imperial droid of a different type (whose domes can be switched), and a droid whose body is a color other than basic white (yellow, green, blue, etc).

You could then do another set with all the EU droids - R6, R7, R8, R9.

I can't imagine them tooling up and making all of those droid parts, then only making them available for a single weekend...

Page 3 of 278 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast