Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mos eisley alley/docking bay 94 entrance WIP and Done!

Mos eisley alley/docking bay 94 entrance WIP and Done!

This is my first wip dio in a while. I have been busy with the newborn and my 2 year old. I'm actually working on a major project, put that on hold as it was going to be for C6 but won't be even close to done(probably a couple more years). I have a couple of other dios in the works but I decided to churn this one out for the Columbus show next month. To get details I used Daigo_Bah's amazing version of this dio (the one side with db 94) along with a lot of screen cap veiwing. The best resource though was a PERFECT B/W picture in the Making of book which gave me the detail on the canister that is in these first pics.

Well, Here are the first pics and thank you all for looking and keep looking for more updates soon(I get one night a week for now kid free to dio build). First pic is the "94" cut out of foamie, second is first paint apps, third is the weathering apps, and forth is the canister/drum that will be at the end of the center column:
    Last edited by Daigo_Bah; 04-16-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    "Who's more foolish, The Fool, or The Fool who follows him?"

My_Collection & My_Newest_WIP_Dio

Freaking beautiful, as always- your paint work is second to none! I never did get the walls quite dirty enough in mine!
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Thank you, Daigo_Bah! That is a great compliment coming from the best. The painting is just layers of light dustings of paint mixed with sanding. Base is foam board plastered with lightweight spackle. The main weathering I did was to mix a wash and then I used a foam brush to the top edge of the walls and let the wash run down. I then used the sponge brush to coat the bottoms of each wall then a rag to wipe and pad the entire wall leaving just the slight streaking look. I then went back over it with a dusting of white to cover any areas that were too dark. I also did a good wash coat on the 94 and wipe to make it "pop".
    Thanks again for the compliment!

looks good!! keep up the good work.

Excellent work, Corey. Look forward to more pix.

Thanks guys! a small update of what I have done since first post. I hope to get some more done in the next couple days and will post the progress the end of the week.

I worked on the doorframing and added to the "barrel" small inlet at the top in the back. Started the cone container thing, the one pipe on the left is built and primed, the "door" thingy, added a couple items under the "94" a pan made from an old figure base cut and glued and the "brass part" (They were ends to pull strings off an old winter coat that I kept. Crazy thing is that when I glued them together, it looks almost identical to the movie prop).

Last edited by TheRealMrMaul; 03-20-2012 at 09:13 PM.

That looks great. Great idea for a diorama

looking great!

Very nice, can't wait to see more.
    Boycott Hasbro 6", Bring back high quality 3 3/4" figures!

Looking good Corey!
    There is no disgrace in getting old, it is just damned inconvenient.
    My Feedback!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast