Page 50 of 584 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: Astromech Droid Focus Collectors

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by euroherbal View Post
    Yes, it does!

The only 2 things that keep me from buying it, is that the dome and the "arms" are inaccurate: dome should be half a sphere, but it's a little more rounded.
    That's what I thought as well, that it's slightly more than semi-circular. Not by much but noticable to droid aficionados.

Quote Originally Posted by euroherbal View Post
    Yes, it does!

The only 2 things that keep me from buying it, is that the dome and the "arms" are inaccurate: dome should be half a sphere, but it's a little more rounded (looks like a light bulb to me); and the utility arms are ridiculously thinly shaped.

Yeah, those two things jumped out at me as well when I first saw this ARTfx mold. The utility arms were the biggest head-scratcher, since it seems like such an easy thing to get right! So many photos of actual astromech props are out there, that it's strange how Koto took such artistic liberties. So, at first I thought I was going to pass on these as well, but when they announced the $30 price, the astromech freak inside me just couldn't resist. I won't be buying all the color variants, but if they do some OT droids, I will definitely buy them.

I was just going through my Astrodroid pix and was reminded of a variation of this figure I own:

Left-Standard Version
    Right-Missing 2 yellow paint apps and the additional paint app on the lower left side of the torso.

Just so U error/variation hunters know.

Spencer?:>}
    Last edited by Blitzkriegtrench; 09-05-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    Head Quartermaster of Wales (in Absentia)
    Feedback Page 1
    Feedback Page Duex
    Like Astrodroids ? Astromech Droid Collectors Thread Disney B.A.D. Parts

2 new droids first a legacy BAD droid i painted the panelling ,legs and dome
    R3-B2

another TCW astromech
    R5-L2

astromech god www.youtube.com/rasputin37
    "courtesy is the glue which holds society together"

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkriegtrench View Post

Just so U error/variation hunters know.

Was this a confirmed variation spotted on more than one of these guys, or is yours just a one-off factory error? I don't normally care about variations, but if I could get a different looking astromech out of it....

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorPalpitate View Post
    Was this a confirmed variation spotted on more than one of these guys, or is yours just a one-off factory error? I don't normally care about variations, but if I could get a different looking astromech out of it....
    Hiya Palpy,
    I am not sure about it being a variation as I have not seen mention of it elsewhere.
    So I guess it's just a one-off error.
    Head Quartermaster of Wales (in Absentia)
    Feedback Page 1
    Feedback Page Duex
    Like Astrodroids ? Astromech Droid Collectors Thread Disney B.A.D. Parts

hey guys- do you have any suggestions on how to dismantle a regular hasbro droid? is there a easy way without breaking it? its the r4-p17... the one where you twist the head and the 3rd leg comes down.

I've tried it once. I boil-n-popped one of the legs off, then stuck a pair of needle-nose pliers into the leg hole and pulled the handles apart until it popped in half. It takes a lot of strength cuz you have to split the sonic-welding, so pull with all your might! Once it pops apart, the parts will fly everywhere, so have the body nestled down in a blanket or something, so you don't lose track of any parts.

While it did come apart rather cleanly, it didn't go back together quite as nicely. You'll have some visible seems since the sonic-welding was broken.

I've tried it once. I boil-n-popped one of the legs off, then stuck a pair of needle-nose pliers into the leg hole and pulled the handles apart until it popped in half. It takes a lot of strength cuz you have to split the sonic-welding, so pull with all your might! Once it pops apart, the parts will fly everywhere, so have the body nestled down in a blanket or something, so you don't lose track of any parts.

While it did come apart rather cleanly, it didn't go back together quite as nicely. You'll have some visible seems since the sonic-welding was broken.
    Kids: don't try this at home without the supervision of a grown-up

thanks for the info!

Page 50 of 584 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast