Page 3 of 258 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: NECA - Prometheus / Alien franchise

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloned_By_Hasbro View Post
    It's been revealed that NECA will be releasing PROMETHEUS figures shortly after the movie's release in December 2013.
    A year and a half is shortly after film's release?

Quote Originally Posted by Coloring View Post
    Neca said "Hicks and one other marine to start with". I think it would either be Drake or Hudson.
    NECA is screwing with you all. The second figure will be Wierzbowski.

I'd be interested in figures, but not from NECA. I don't collect their stuff....

Ian
    BACK FROM THE DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_C View Post
    NECA is screwing with you all. The second figure will be Wierzbowski.

I'd be interested in figures, but not from NECA. I don't collect their stuff....

Ian

Hahahaha and Wave 2 will be Burke and Ferro.

I don't collect any NECA stuff either. The only thing I have is a figure of The Crow that was a gift. Never even opened it. But their Terminator and Predator figures do look really, really good. So if the Aliens and Prometheus stuff continues the trend, I'm certainly on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Coloring View Post
    Neca said "Hicks and one other marine to start with". I think it would either be Drake or Hudson. Hudson is a more popular character, but would basically be Hicks with long sleeves and a different head, while a Drake figure would likely be a different sculpt due to the Smart Gun. At the same time, I can't imagine any kind of line figures based off that movie without being quick to have a Ripley figure. Either way, I'm super excited about this news.
    I agree. Hudson would be too similar, and since they said one other MARINE to start with, I'm assuming that rules out Ripley. If that's the case, I'm hoping the second figure will be Vasquez.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_C View Post
    A year and a half is shortly after film's release?
    Oh, um... I meant 'shortly after' relative to the amount of time it's taken us to get quality figures from the other Alien films
    (Whoops, I guess that was a pretty misleading typo. For some reason, immediately following the information celebration of every Toy Fair, my mental toy-land calendar tends to label any post-SDCC release as 'next year'.)

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Scorch View Post
    ...I'm hoping the second figure will be Vasquez.
    My hope for Marine #2 is on Vasquez as well, and if this line is successful enough, I could totally see NECA making two versions of both her and Hicks. Granted, neither of those character's actors are as popular as Schwarzenegger, but look how far the Terminator line has gone with Schwarzenegger variations. I also wouldn't be surprised if NECA handles the Marines in the same way that they're handling the Predator Lost Tribe and gives us every character from the 'hive infiltration squad' as all but two or three (Vasquez, Drake, and possibly Dietrich) of those characters can be achieved from the same base sculpt. Though if we never do get a Wierzbowski (or Crowe), the squad will make do: I've got both versions of McFarlane's Hicks figure - neither of which adequately resemble Michael Biehn! Wierzbowski and Crowe need backup! Send in the real Marines!
    Last edited by Cloned_By_Hasbro; 02-23-2012 at 02:54 AM.

Dang, the more I think about this, the more I realize how potentially awesome this Aliens line of figures could be!

Of the Marines who entered the hive, we've got:
    Hicks
    Apone
    Hudson
    Vasquez
    Drake
    Frost
    Dietrich
    Crowe
    Wierzbowski

Scratch Crowe and Wierzbowski off the list since no one cares about them, fill the empty slots with Ripley since she's bad enough to fill both their boots, and that's 8 characters. Pair them off and include an Alien Warrior with each pair to create four very solid series, releasing them one series per quarter.
    But an Alien in each series will get redundant, you say? Give a couple of the Aliens differing degrees of battle damage and/or mix in some cool accessories like eggs (open), eggs (closed), automatic sentry guns (A,B,C,& D), and more eggs(!), and you've got four series full of awesome!

Add to that some deluxe sets like the Alien Queen (with torn-in-half Bishop) and Power Loader Ripley (with Newt) and the series becomes better than awesome!
    Do it NECA. Do it!

I agree that Hicks and Vasquez (and their actors) aren't as popular as Schwarzenegger, but I think Hicks is a popular enough character for sci fi fans. I'll buy (almost) any humans they release from the movie, but I'm still a little surprised they said nothing about a Ripley figure. Her character is a pretty iconic character (again, at least in sci fi circles). This is gonna be a fun waiting game - marine #2, hopefully a wave 2...

I want an intact Bishop too, though!

I wonder if Michael Biehn signed off on likeness rights for the NECA figure? I don't believe he did for the Movie Maniacs version, so we got a very generic looking Corpl. Hicks figure from McFarlane.

I'll pretty much buy all the Marines, Bishop, all the guys from Predator, Danny Glover from Predator 2, some of the characters from Predators. I'll draw the line at Burke....no way am I buying a Paul Reiser figure. But most of all, we need a Ripley from Aliens. Even one step further- a Power Loader to fight the Queen with. The only Ripley figure I have (did they even make any more in this scale?) is the Kenner Alien Resurrection one with the wide legged stance. That line was pretty decent, but the colors on the Aliens bugged me. I repainted the Warrior and Battle Damaged ones in the black/silver color scheme back in the day, they looked much better.

As for Prometheus...I assume the first few figures we'll see are some of the scientists in space suits. Not sure what other...things are in the movie (one giant bald dude can be seen in the trailer during the scene when the Space Jockey gun rises up) but I'm sure they'll look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by monstermonkey View Post
    Not sure what other...things are in the movie (one giant bald dude can be seen in the trailer during the scene when the Space Jockey gun rises up) but I'm sure they'll look cool.
    Isn't that giant bald dude... [Possible Spoiler - Highlight to read]: the space jockey itself [Possible Spoiler End]?
    Last edited by saddestmoon; 02-23-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Page 3 of 258 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast