Page 2 of 258 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: NECA - Prometheus / Alien franchise

Actually, Prometheus is supposed to be released around Memorial Day, with the figures coming later in the year. I'm hoping for a giant Space Jockey diorama/playset in scale with the current Alien figures. Would probably cost like $100+, but I've wanted that in my collection for years. I'm also cool with the Marines, and hopefully we get the crew from Predator. Maybe even Danny Glover and Gary Abusey from Predator 2.

As for the quality regarding NECA's stuff, most of it is pretty good, but still not really intended for tons of rough play. The Alien and Predator figures I have are all pretty sturdy, and much more durable than the McFarlane stuff from years ago. I've had a few stuck joints right out of the package that loosened up with the help of a hair dryer, hot water, some wiggling, and patience. The only real problem were the superthin tusks on Tracker Predator...both tusks on both of the ones I have broke as soon as I removed the figures from the package.

if they were going to go all in on humans from the Predator movies, I'd be down for a Royce figure from Predators.

Alright MonsterMonkey, finally someone that gives a crap about Prometheus!
    Things I need
    Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch (Allfather), Titanium Boba Fett helmet
    Have: BF Shocktrooper, various TFA, Tarkin, Zuckuss
    "Warning: If your Man is Iron for more than four hours, consult your Doctor Doom...

The trailer looks amazing. This is probably my most anticipated movie of the year. Plus, we might finally get to find out what the hell the Space Jockey was all about.

^^^ as well as awesome Neca figures, I'm hoping we also see some vehicles/starships!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentClaret View Post
    Alright MonsterMonkey, finally someone that gives a crap about Prometheus!
    IMO, I think quite there are quite a few peeps who give "a crap about Prometheus" [unquote] and are quietly anticipating this movie...

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1075795/

Last edited by saddestmoon; 02-17-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Cool man, it just seemed like everyone was talking about Space Marines and not really digging on Prometheus!
    Things I need
    Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch (Allfather), Titanium Boba Fett helmet
    Have: BF Shocktrooper, various TFA, Tarkin, Zuckuss
    "Warning: If your Man is Iron for more than four hours, consult your Doctor Doom...

If NECA does a Michael Biehn for their Aliens line, than I really hope they do one for the Terminator line, because he is sorely missed there.

I'm super excited for Prometheus!! I don't know that I'll want any figures from it though. After I see the movie I'll have a better idea of that. I grew up watching Aliens and Hicks was my favorite character. The only action figure I have of him is the old Kenner one (which is great and more screen-accurate than most of the others), but a better-sculpted/detailed figure of an icon from my childhood makes me ecstatic!

And NECA is doing a Kyle Reese figure. The CTR front page has an article about NECA figures announced, but not shown. He's one of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentClaret View Post
    Cool man, it just seemed like everyone was talking about Space Marines and not really digging on Prometheus!
    All good! Personally-speaking, I'm actually digging Prometheus figures more-so than Aliens figures. As exciting as getting a Marine Hicks figure (which could also pass as a future war-esque custom Kyle Reese figure - even though Neca is doing a 1984 Reese figure, and possibly a future-war Reese as well) and a Ripley figure, I'm super-excited about the prospect of an action figures resembling the characters Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, and Noomie Rapace will play, decked out in their 1970s sci-fi looking costumes/uniforms/spacesuits, etc (and based on what the trailer has already shown, I think Prometheus is gonna be an absolute stand-out movie).

Granted though - a lot of fans have waited an age for 'Aliens' figures, so I won't downplay the excitement of Neca's recent announcements.

For me, the announcement of figures from both movies being made by Neca, is a double win, as they are intrinsically connected and part of the same universe: utterly unable to be separated from each other.

The fact Neca is the company handling both movies, is the thing that really has me bouncing off the walls!
    I love what they have produced thus far: their Terminator figures are superb, so I feel confident they will deliver top-notch superb figures based on Aliens and Prometheus.

The future is indeed looking bright, not only for movies but for action figures!

Last edited by saddestmoon; 02-18-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Page 2 of 258 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast