Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Troop Transport Questions

Imperial Troop Transport Questions

This was one of my favorite items as a kid - still have my original one, though it suffered the effects of time (and lots of outdoor adventures) and so I've upgraded a couple of times as well as acquiring the Imperial Cruiser version.

While a quick google proves the obvious - that this was the first "off screen" vehicle done by Kenner... I was just curious if anyone knows more about the background of the design. Was it based on anything else Kenner had done up until then? Did Kenner just desire something else with some play/vehicle features and come up with it out of the blue?

I've wondered these same questions. Kenner made the toy before empire, yet in the echoe base shots there is vehicle/prop that looks very similar. So what came first?

It was featured in a couple of the SW Marvel comics, but I don't remember which came first-the comic or the toy. I think it was in issues 31 and 32.

I still have my original one from back then. It underwent a repaint and a repair/upgrade to the gun turrent. I may have a pic if someone cares to see one.
    Last edited by Scott_D; 01-29-2012 at 05:24 PM.

I'm up for pictures. Was it Marval? I thought I saw some black and white comics depicting it.

The B&W comic had come some cool artwork. Good backstory, too.

The sounds came from a little phonograph record inside. At least that's what it looked like when I took mine apart a long time ago.

All my ships/vehicles took a beating and parts losses. The original cannon lost a barrel. I made a replacement from some Japanese model kit. They were originally arms from a battle robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_D View Post
    The B&W comic had come some cool artwork. Good backstory, too.

The sounds came from a little phonograph record inside. At least that's what it looked like when I took mine apart a long time ago.

All my ships/vehicles took a beating and parts losses. The original cannon lost a barrel. I made a replacement from some Japanese model kit. They were originally arms from a battle robot.

Nice setup. I have two of them, one with the batteries that makes sounds and one without, but I love them both
    Last edited by ReddingRedFive; 01-29-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Wasn't it that this vehicle can be seen in the Rebel Hanger in SW and in the Hoth Base in ESB but strangely Kenner put the design out as an Imperial vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by MrT View Post
    Wasn't it that this vehicle can be seen in the Rebel Hanger in SW and in the Hoth Base in ESB but strangely Kenner put the design out as an Imperial vehicle.
    It does have a resembalance to the Rebel troop mover from Echo Base, but as far as I know this came before
    WTB LOOSE EWOKS & DROIDS figures, all currently needed.

In Tomrat's Action Figure Digest #81 there are a little story about the guy who did the draving for it . Tom Troy . There are some info and some dravings of erly ideas for it . I wil try to take a picture of the text and opload it ( No Scanner in sight )
    Looking for Leia Organa and Bespin proofs . See my WTB / FT /FS here :
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1104942/#post19299543
    My feedback http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1066729/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast