Page 2 of 651 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: GG Q&A Thread (back in business!)

Any future Captain Rex items in the future? He's got brand new armor now. ::greedy_dollars:
    PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

I have 2 questions about the recent holiday Vader bust. It's about those blue lights on his belt. Was Vader ever depicted with blue lights on his belt or did the folks who worked on the paintmaster prototype just take a shot in the dark and not bother with reference material? Also, this was pointed out as a mistake immediately when the bust was first shown and was acknowledged by Gentle Giant. Why wasn't it fixed?
    Become a fan of my artwork on facebook.

"It's a volcanic planet. You'll be safe there. LOL" - General Grievous, master of dark humor

Quote Originally Posted by lordquigon
    I got two questions for ya Greg.

2) What's up with the Bantha/Tusken statue?

1) More importantly, can we expect a Episode I-III Ki-Adi-Mundi mini-bust? SOON, I hope!
    2) Waiting on booking information to announce the release window.

1) Don't know if we have plans for one, but I'll bring it up to PD and see what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by turbowars
    Hey Greg, there has been some talk about Star Wars taking the back seat to your comic book stuff. Is that true?

Why do your Sucker Punch statues look so much better than anything else you guys are doing right now? I so wish I could buy SW product that looks as good as my Baby Doll and Amber statues.

I have decided to stop collecting your Vintage 12" figures for 2 reasons. The quality of the figures do not equal the cost. If these figures were solid and the right color I could understand. But $80 for a hollow figure doesn't makes sense to me. Second reason is, your shipping departments inability to get a nice product shipped to me. I know you guys are more than happy to replace them, but it shouldn't work that way. I might get Blue Snags and HammerHead, but I'm done. Any chances of you guys fixing these concerns?
    1) Seriously Turbo, where do you "hear" this stuff? Or are you just making things up to stir up trouble because you're bored? :friendly_wink: We love all of our licenses equally and don't play favorites.

2) We're always looking to increase the quality of our products, regardless of license. If you compare the Sucker Punch pieces to Star Wars pieces as recent as even a year ago, SP's going to blow them away because we're growing, we're evolving, we're learning and our stuff just keeps getting better and better. You'll see the same standard of quality in our Marvel pieces, Star Wars pieces and other licenses as well.

3) Sorry to hear you feel that way. We're not planning on changing the manufacturing process.

Regarding shipping - why do I feel like I've had this conversation with you before? =) It feels silly for me to say this, but given the climate around this forum I think it needs to be said explicitly - I can assure you we're not smashing up your orders before they go out or knowingly sending out defective product in any way, shape or form. We can't control what happens to a box once it leaves the warehouse. Certain collectors repeatedly receive defective or damaged products because of the facilities and people that handle the packages while in transit. For example, I have an international customer who I've had to send replacements to on numerous occasions because he's repeatedly witnessed his regular delivery driver throwing his orders from us around, once even going so far as to take the three-point jump shot from the sidewalk on to the guy's front doorstep with a box. If you keep getting stuff delivered to you all janked up from UPS, try USPS First Class or Priority as your shipping method next time. You might have a better result. Also, as long as they're available, we will provide customers with complementary replacements if they receive a damaged, defective or otherwise busted order. That's the best we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by swdave
    I haven't bought a GG item since the release of the Blue Coat Han Solo Hoth Minibust. My question for you is why should I jump back into the GG game? "Wow" me.
    Really? Um, no.

Dude, I could stand here and give you an awesome song and dance about how amazing everything is, but why? I know there isn't anything I can say right now that's going to change your mind. Our product speaks for itself. It's not always perfect, but that's not from lack of trying on our part. Honestly, I'm sorry if you feel our stuff isn't up to your standard. We do our best, but we acknowledge that we're not going to be able to please everyone. All we can do is continue to put out the best stuff we can. If something comes along that we do that changes your mind and you decide to order it from us, SWDave, then that's awesome. If not, then you've got a bunch of disposable income you can spend on SW collectables that match your personal tastes better. Like you said yourself, "buy what you like."

Quote Originally Posted by specialopsunit
    Any future Captain Rex items in the future? He's got brand new armor now. :
    It's been a little while since we've touched on a Rex piece. It wouldn't surprise me if he's on the roadmap. I'll bring it to PD and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by roguetrader
    I have 2 questions about the recent holiday Vader bust. It's about those blue lights on his belt. Was Vader ever depicted with blue lights on his belt or did the folks who worked on the paintmaster prototype just take a shot in the dark and not bother with reference material? Also, this was pointed out as a mistake immediately when the bust was first shown and was acknowledged by Gentle Giant. Why wasn't it fixed
    Honestly, I can't tell you why it wasn't changed, because I don't know. All I can tell you is that it got through and there's not much we can do about it now. If you're not satisfied with the piece, please send it back and we'll be happy to give you a full refund.
    Last edited by Rogue01; 12-16-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue01 View Post
    ...but I'll bring it up to PD and see what they think.
    Don't forget to mention that Cylon!!!
    "I'm such a hardcore OT purist, I hate the title "A New Hope" being added!"
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by RogueTrader View Post
    I have 2 questions about the recent holiday Vader bust. It's about those blue lights on his belt. Was Vader ever depicted with blue lights on his belt or did the folks who worked on the paintmaster prototype just take a shot in the dark and not bother with reference material? Also, this was pointed out as a mistake immediately when the bust was first shown and was acknowledged by Gentle Giant. Why wasn't it fixed?
    Hope this doesn't get missed....
    " Everybody breaks, everybody breaks sometimes...."

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeek View Post
    Hope this doesn't get missed....
    It was already answered (up two posts):
    Honestly, I can't tell you why it wasn't changed, because I don't know. All I can tell you is that it got through and there's not much we can do about it now. If you're not satisfied with the piece, please send it back and we'll be happy to give you a full refund.

Any chance of you guys making some more Halo products? If you were able to time your releases with the upcoming games I'd bet they'd be pretty popular.

Not saying your shipping department is smashing anything. Where did that come from? :drunk:Bottom line is you are using the wrong size box.

I honestly didn't think GG would fix the quality of the 12" Vintage, but the box I did.

No I'm not board, Its just been talk on the boards that the SW line is being slowed down that's all . Besides there really isn't anything that great coming out but Ponda and Veers . I just hope that 2012 isn't jammed packed full of PT. Love the SP stuff. Sucks the prices went up, but that's nothing new these days with all companies.

When will the McQ Stormy be showing up? I heard it was SDCC 2012.
    Last edited by Turbowars; 12-16-2011 at 09:10 PM.
    I believe the OT is all that is SW. Nothing else can ever be. Well maybe R1 and Solo can.

Quote Originally Posted by Imrahil2001 View Post
    It was already answered (up two posts):
    Ahhh, Greg went back and added a comment in his earlier post. Yes it was there when I posted, but I didn't acknowledge the new info...until now.

Not to beat a dead horse, but GG confirmed it was fixed going into production. Which led me/us to believe the production sample featured green buttons. This is one of a handful of pieces I'm keeping as it goes nice with my Attakus V1 in my new setup. Just boggles me when communication with the factory can be so "off". Especially with the technology we have current day.

By the way, on a positive note. Thanks Greg for taking action and even creating a thread stickied for questions.

It's like "Ask VS"....but with actual GG participation.

Page 2 of 651 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast