Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Qui-Gon Jinn w/Light up lightsaber - MH18

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post
    Actually Qui-Gon's mustache doesn't connect to his beard. I think his beard is a little too thick on the chin and he does need the patch underneath the lower lip. So the paint underneath the lip is accurate but connecting the mustache isn't. The mustache might need to be a hair thicker, but not much.
    I agree 100% that the beard is too thick on the chin, that might have to be trimmed down. And I couldn't decide about whether or not to connect the mustache - Liam Neeson's facial hair gets a little sp**** around the corners of his mouth. It looks to me like there is hair there but it is just lighter and thinner than above and below. I definitely made it too heavy in my rough alteration.

Quite like these light up figures. I got this and Obi Wan for my 3 year old. He loves them, but wanted to know why there was no sound Noticed that the saber pops out with out too much trouble (good to know - but just waiting for my kid to snap this off!). Also, if you move the skirt a little, it will press the light up button so that it stays on. Not sure how you're supposed to replace the batteries, though!
    Anyone know why both Obi and Qui Gon have a tiny hole in their forearms?

Where did you find them flinx79? I've been hunting high and low.

BTW, pretty sure that you can't change the batteries, as it says something to the effect of them being "non-removable" on the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    Where did you find them flinx79? I've been hunting high and low.

BTW, pretty sure that you can't change the batteries, as it says something to the effect of them being "non-removable" on the card.
    I use various UK online stores like Star Action Figures and Order 66 and have them sent to relatives as I'm working in Dubai. My cousin brought them over sans packaging and gadgets this week. If I waited for them to appear here, I'd either be waiting a long time or end up paying a lot more. TRUS here sells figure for around $18. A movie collector store has the VC priced at $34!

I wonder How long will the light effect work for? "he's no good to me dead"

I can confirm that as far as Obi-Wan goes the batteries cannot be replaced and therefore I would guess Qui-Gon and upcoming Vader's won't be either.

I'm at a loss as to why Hasbro have done this as well as the removable skirt which seems to serve no function in being removed other than allowing for leg movement to a seated position. This leg movement is useless for placing the figure in vehicles as the lightsaber then causes an obstruction.

I personally don't care for badly molded plastic tunics or capes either but my only real beef is the battery life.

How long have collectors and causal fans/kids had to wait for light up saber figures only to have the shelf life cut short by something as simple as not putting a battery access panel under the tunic or cape when various R2 repaints have this feature?!

I understand these decisions are balanced in favor of the mass appeal of kids and less than serious collectors, but the logic behind this eludes me.

I like my Obi, it's not the best figure but the head sculpt is fine and the lightsaber effect works well....for now. A button that could leave the saber activated when not in hand might be nice if the batteries could be changed, otherwise this might be a disaster if left on accidentally.

I scratched an itch in buying it but for the cool feature but it's raison d'etre has been thwarted by Hasbro's lack of vision IMO.

I'd personally love a decent Vader, Luke, Qui Gon, Maul et al with light up sabers but won't buy more unless they rectify this mistake in future figures.

I won't buy them for my kids either as I don't want the inevitable disappointment that will come with dead batteries after Qui-Gon has been doubling up as a night light.
    A simple fix could really make this figure line.

Obi on sale in Asda for 7 in UK for those interested.

A long overdue idea, poorly executed IMO
    Last edited by Kirk; 03-14-2012 at 05:33 PM.

I think the main reason for the lack of switchable batteries is so they can rerelease it in a year or so and sell it again to everyone whose batteries are dead...
    Hasbro, hear my plea for the Rickshaw Droid!
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, BD-3000 "Betty droid".
    My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t858622/

Anyway you can crack open the torso and replace the batteries that way? Not ideal obviously but can it work?

Quote Originally Posted by my_kind_of_scum View Post
    I think the main reason for the lack of switchable batteries is so they can rerelease it in a year or so and sell it again to everyone whose batteries are dead...
    Doubt they'd last a year if kids play with them. Who knows how many times they have been activated on the shelf in store by cusotmers? Would you keep buying them for your kids? I know I wouldn't.

Unless the cost of batteries is more than the figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post
    Anyway you can crack open the torso and replace the batteries that way? Not ideal obviously but can it work?
    Can't see a clean way of cracking it open as yet but will probably have a go once the batteries konk out.

Just think Hasbro should have given the customer the choice. Time will tell if this was a bad move on Hasbro's part.

On the plus side, I won't feel so bad busting poor Obi up to make a custom removeable light up saber for other figures in the future if we don't see a version of Luke that's any good for example.

Essentially, he's doomed to custom fodder.
    Last edited by Kirk; 03-15-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Has anybody been able to find the light up figures near them? I'm still looking, but no such luck. I can't imagine it would be to much longer before these hit.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast