Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi - Light-Up Lightsaber - MH16

Quote Originally Posted by Revanfan1 View Post
    Looks pretty good. Unlike most, I'm probably in for one of these.
    Glad I'm not alone. The lack of articulation in the right arm doesn't bother me, infact, I usually pose my Jedi with lightsabers facing downwards. And, as others have said, it adds a bit of light to dioramas...

Hoping they do Vader as well, I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

The hilts are way to short, it looks like they're holding small flashlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune_Haako View Post
    The hilts are way to short, it looks like they're holding small flashlights.

If the end of the sleeves were painted darkly, it would look more like the hilt is disappearing into the sleeve, which is what the look it I believe.
    Loving Disney and all things Danish and Japanese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Droidworld View Post
    If the end of the sleeves were painted darkly, it would look more like the hilt is disappearing into the sleeve, which is what the look it I believe.
    That's what they intended, in any case.
    Show your love for Imperial Commando 2!
    New figure wants: Zayne Carrick, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo
    Rerelease wants: Jacen and Jaina Solo

Both arms look beefed up (obviously to hide the LED thing, but the articulated one looks odd)

While the torso is too barrel-chested and the arms are too beefy, I simply love the accurate headsculpt and the feature itself.
    Aesthetically, it's a cool throwback to the vintage telescoping Lightsabers, only these light up instead!

I'm sure he will look incredible with a cloth Jedi robe on.

Looks like big H is trying to kill interest in these light up figures right out the gate. I mean, they almost look like POTF2 era sculpts. Their torsos are ridiculously wide, and Obi Wan's pea head is laughable. DDP said these figures would have the aesthetics of modern sculpts. Yeah, right. Modern circa 1997 maybe.
    JTA: a wretched hive of scum and idiocy. You should be cautious.

Palp's feedback thread

Honestly they could have kept the arm articulation by using fiber optics that go from the saber to inside the torso where the battery and light source are housed.
    It's 2011 for crap sake the technology is there!

What good is a figure having articulation almost everywhere else, but yet one arm is only able to form one pose, one that looks ridiculous I might add.
    Could have at least put a swivel joint at the elbow, so that the saber wasn't stuck in one position.

These have to be aimed at kids as a play feature, because once you reach the age of 8 the novelty wears off.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Seems to be some hate..but looking at the panel pics...it's the best face sculpts of both Obi and Qui-Gon I've see for a long time...
    So some mixing and matching potential for me....at least.

Quote Originally Posted by commandernarra View Post
    Seems to be some hate..but looking at the panel pics...it's the best face sculpts of both Obi and Qui-Gon I've see for a long time...
    So some mixing and matching potential for me....at least.
    I agree- this head sculpt is looking very good. I am a big TPM fan so I will get this but I see what people are saying about the permanently attached lightsaber.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast