Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi - Light-Up Lightsaber - MH16

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post

Also why is there no archives for MH line, or am I just not looking in the right place?
    There is, but it's very hard to get to. I'm not even sure how I got to this page (with an incorrect Clone Wars 2008-2010 banner)

Hasbro Photo Archive

I don't know if anyone mentioned this or not but ws_toys on Ebay has this Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Vader up for sale. As always this is an overseas seller so purchase with that in mind. It may be worth it since it's considerably less expensive and retail is hopelessly and miserably stubborn about carrying any of this wave.

For those that collect variations, I just noticed that Hasbro has changed Obi-Wan Kenobi's Lightsaber Blade from a darker blue to a lighter blue. This actually is a change for the better. The first release of Obi-Wan had a darker blue Lightsaber Blade which resulted in a dark blue almost purple color when you turned on the LED. Hasbro then changed his Lightsaber Blade to a lighter blue. This resulted in a nice bright blue color when the LED is turned on. The darker blue Saber Blades have already came and gone at my local stores and the lighter blue Saber Blades are now showing up. The samples I have do share the same date stamps of 12832

Much larger photo can be seen here: swCollector - Obi-Wan Kenobi - MH16

Found MH wave 2 leftovers at one of my local wallys today, only new ones left were the 2 lightup figures. First time that I see traces of anything beyond wave 1 at any major retailer here so that is giving me some hope
    Que la Fuerza te acompaņe
    Wants: 3.75" TFA Nien Nunb, Squad Leader Stormie
    My Transaction Feedback
    My Trade and FS List

I found both the Obi and Qui light up figures over a month ago, at a local Wally in Ky. I got them simply for the headswaps. I really do like the sculpting on the bodies though. They have some good detail. I just wish they had better articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnakeEyes View Post
    I found both the Obi and Qui light up figures over a month ago, at a local Wally in Ky. I got them simply for the headswaps. I really do like the sculpting on the bodies though. They have some good detail. I just wish they had better articulation.
    I too am after Qui-Gon purely for the head swap! Have only seen light up Obi who has had his head swapped already.

Lots of droids warming pegs but no other light up light saber figures here in UK stores.
    Last edited by Kirk; 06-17-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    Who's scruffy lookin?

Just picked up this figure at HEB in Alice TX and I got to say the light up lightsaber looks sweet sculpt is good to
    A Bit Of A Army Builder.. But Enjoying It !!

Well....the Mrs. wanted to get Chinese takeout tonight so, since we were venturing back out and I was so impressed with Qui-Gon, I picked up Kenobi - also just for the head. Amazing results. Fits even better than Qui-Gon did and matches skin tone perfectly. Love it. Makes the Hasbro Vintage / Legacy Collection Episode I Kenobi look like a bootleg.
    Last edited by Rocket_Back; 12-30-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Back View Post
    Well....the Mrs. wanted to get Chinese takeout tonight so, since we were venturing back out and I was so impressed with Qui-Gon, I picked up Kenobi - also just for the head. Amazing results. Fits even better than Qui-Gon did and matches skin tone perfectly. Love it. Makes the Hasbro Vintage / Legacy Collection Episode I Kenobi look like a bootleg.

are they both the samw body, the vintage AOTC obiwan body? it looks great but arent the colors a bit off, and quigons robes are supposed to be longer right? ive been on the fence getting these lightup figures also for the headswap, the sculpts are fantastic.

I tried the headswap with the AOTC Obi-wan body as well, and I didnt like the results - the body is too tall and bulky compared to the TPM Obi-wan. Maybe they'll release this headsculpt on another body in the future? As a matter of fact, is this head the same one from the 2013 deluxe line?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910