Page 1 of 177 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bridge Direct - The Hobbit

The Bridge Direct - The Hobbit

Looks like the company "The Bridge Direct" will be making the Hobbit figures for next years film...

Warner Bros. Consumer Products announced today that it has awarded the worldwide master toy and game licensing rights for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again to The Bridge Direct, Inc. (thebridgedirect.com), the global children's consumer products company. The Bridge will develop an array of products inspired by the two films being directed by Peter Jackson - who previously brought Middle-earth to life with the award-winning Lord of the Rings trilogy - including action figures, playsets, and role play accessories.

Timed to reach consumers prior to the December 14, 2012 release of the first film, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Bridge will debut a multi-category toy line. The battle begins with Basic Action Figures, Adventure Packs, Beast Packs, and highly detailed Collector Figures. Fans can become real-life heroes with premium role play items including a Basic Sting Sword, a Basic Orcrist Sword, a Dwarven Battle Axe, and a Deluxe Sting Sword that features a blue glow just like in the film, bringing the thrill and the fantasy of the two films to life. The Bridge will reveal the 2012 product line to key retail partners in the coming weeks.

The Bridge Direct, who are they?
    What else have they done?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan4242 View Post
    The Bridge Direct, who are they?
    What else have they done?
    Justin Bieber and Zhu Zhu Pets.

I wish I was kidding.
    "Hope is not lost today. It is found."

It's odd they went with a different company then the previous figures.
    I'm guessing with a no name like this the figures will be forgettable anyways, though if they turn out with decent articulation, sculpt, and paint apps I may be interested, but only if they're 1"18 scale.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    It's odd they went with a different company then the previous figures.
    I didnt think Toybiz/marvel toys still exist?
    When the face is a prune, action goes boom, PRUNE FACE!

I was hoping for 4" figures but they'll probably look like crap. Missed opportunity.

Justin Bieber toys? Really? -_-'
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this line until we actually see how The Bridge Direct approach this property - Granted, I'm no fan of Justin Bieber action figures, but I doubt very much that they'll be treated in a similar manner. I feel it's still too early to determine the quality of their Hobbit action figures - and as Toybiz no longer exists, there's no way Warners could give them the property even if they wished them to.

I'll reserve judgement until we see some images of the action figure line itself - until then, it's fingers crossed... If they do turn out to be similar to Justin Bieber figures, then I'll be proved wrong, and stand corrected!
    Last edited by saddestmoon; 10-08-2011 at 12:28 AM.

I would hope for 3 3/4 inch set of figures.
    Who knows maybe they will go for it and become a force in the action figure market.
    Man I need to read the book again.

hopefully NECA does some too
    "I don't want my life to imitate art, I want my life to be art." - Carrie Fisher
    Feedback

Page 1 of 177 1231151101 ... LastLast