Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Editing Limitations And You

Here's a thread I've been working on for some time now, documenting 'Supersnipe', the comic art gallery that George Lucas cwned in the mid-late 1970's. We have some excellent commentary and pictures in the thread, and I think it deserves to be preserved for future collectors. I have a number of threads like this here, covering a variety of SW collecting interests.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1059123/

Yet, I can't edit the first post. I can't fix broken picture links, or correct coded tags that have changed since the move to a new format. To be honest, my desire to work toward sharing & preserving this sort of information here on RS is waning due to the lack of flexibility in the new editing rules. There are only a relatively few members who currently see Rebelscum Forums as a place to collect, document, and share important historical information like this. I think its a real shame that we've essentially lost the ability to engage in one of the more noble aspects of SW collecting here on the RS forums. I guess I'm going to have find someplace else to engage in documenting SW collecting related information.

Leif
    SW Collecting Since 1977
    Leif's Trade Feedback

Supersnipe Comic Art Gallery (and related SW art) (George Lucas' & Ed Summers' comic/art shop in the 1970's)
    Star Wars Dyeline & Cactus Print Thread

I have read and understood (I think) the new rules.

As mentioned previously, though now edited, I am not in favour of these.

But, rules are rules, so they will have been considered before introduction.
    I am prepared to follow them if that is what has been decided.

However, I will certainly change the way I use Rebelscum.
    I just don't see it as in any way beneficial to continuous discussion threads.

- Graham
    Last edited by Black_Falcon; 10-15-2011 at 01:46 PM.
    Figure-wise the Jawa has a cloth cape that was made from someone's brown sock

Its been three weeks now, since we heard you are working on a solution. Any news? Any plans?

Please let us know.

Thanks a lot!

Wolff
    who really wants to edit his reference thread.

Sorry for chiming in late. I have to add to the crowd that doesn't like the inability to change posts. I just started posting in the "Customizing" forum again and I want to add new works to an existing thread that's more than a couple days old and I can't. I think the custom forums should be an exception to this rule since I don't want to have to repost everything in a new thread to keep a body of work together resulting in multiple threads with the same works that just have a few more added pictures to each additional thread. It's not a fun or convenient way to maintain bodies of work.

Ill bump this!

Guys, seriously: Please make the first posts editable (like in the vintage limelight section) for:

- Customizing area!
    - Vintage chat (Reference threads)

Thanks

I agree about customizing so I changed that one to make the first post editable, however the "vintage chat" isn't a forum, it's just a single thread and I can't allow it to be editable without making the whole forum first-post editable which I don't want to do.
    Maybe I'm an Admin still? Who knows!

Thanks for the change on the customs section! However, would it also be possible to change it so that the thread title can be edited, as well? That way, the date can be changed on works in progress to show that it's been updated.
    take a look at my Millennium Falcon project at: http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1003955

Quote Originally Posted by Grahame View Post
    I agree about customizing so I changed that one to make the first post editable, however the "vintage chat" isn't a forum, it's just a single thread and I can't allow it to be editable without making the whole forum first-post editable which I don't want to do.
    First of all:

Thank you!!! But I cannot edit my thread in "custom dioramas" section...am I blind????

Second: I would appreciate also a changeable threadtitle as rogue1 said.....so its possible to change the date in title when it was updated!

Third: I am very sorry....with "vintage chat" I ment the whole "vintage: toys" section. There is so many reference threads that need to be updated!

Best

and thanks for hearing me

Wolff
    Last edited by Wbobafett; 01-19-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Here's a question why are some of the toy forums not able to post in?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnor_Jax View Post
    Here's a question why are some of the toy forums not able to post in?
    Answered here: The Toy Section Posting Policy - Vintage, Clone Wars & MH/DTF Sections
    STAR WARS 1977-2017 ~ Happy 40th!!!!!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast