Thread: Recent Acquisitions - The Vintage Collection

Re: Recent Acquisitions - The Vintage Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Jibba
    Bought the AT-AT today from Target:

You took your wallet this time, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibba
    Bought the AT-AT today from Target:

Was there a DUI checkpoint at your Target?
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Got 3 loose At-At commanders and a loose Dak last week.
    "If one can not say what he means, he can never mean what he says." - B5 "Into the Fire" Lord Durano to Prime Minister Mollari

This guy found them here in the US! Note the sticker on the box with Hoth hangar Han, 'Do not stock before the week of August 6th"

http://www.reviewstarwars.com/forums...t=4905#p216003
    Que la Fuerza te acompañe
    Wants: 3.75" TFA Nien Nunb, Squad Leader Stormie
    My Transaction Feedback
    My Trade and FS List

Quote Originally Posted by AaylaSecurasMan
    This guy found them here in the US! Note the sticker on the box with Hoth hangar Han, 'Do not stock before the week of August 6th"

I am still baffled as to why Hasbro has a street date for these figures. In a recent Q&A, they were asked why there was this long gap between figures, and their answer was that they make a certain number of figures each year, and that they try to get the figures out as fast as they can, and that is why some waves seem to come out practically on top of each other (e.g., Fall, 2009). And once they have shipped all of that year's figures, there may be a gap before the next year's figures are ready to go.

But here is a case in which they are purposefully not putting the figures out as fast as they can, leaving retailers with dwindling stock and few sales. And there is a legion of collectors waiting to get their hands on this stuff, with itchy wallets in their pockets. Why would Hasbro refrain from sending these to retail as soon as possible??

Quote Originally Posted by RegJr
    Quote Originally Posted by AaylaSecurasMan

I am still baffled as to why Hasbro has a street date for these figures. In a recent Q&A, they were asked why there was this long gap between figures, and their answer was that they make a certain number of figures each year, and that they try to get the figures out as fast as they can, and that is why some waves seem to come out practically on top of each other (e.g., Fall, 2009). And once they have shipped all of that year's figures, there may be a gap before the next year's figures are ready to go.

But here is a case in which they are purposefully not putting the figures out as fast as they can, leaving retailers with dwindling stock and few sales. And there is a legion of collectors waiting to get their hands on this stuff, with itchy wallets in their pockets. Why would Hasbro refrain from sending these to retail as soon as possible??
    I think when Hasbro planned this line they figured that the basically ‘failed’ 2009 assortments of both TCW and Legacy would take at least 6 months to fully clear (because there was undoubtedly still stockpiles unable to be moved to the clogged pegs, creating a backlog of cases to be slowly sold). Given that it appears they want to restart the line with the Vintage look, they want as little as possible Legacy left on shelves when they launch the line, so as too completely separate the lines, and too prevent Legacy from becoming ‘eternal peg warmers’. In that I mean if Vintage and old Legacy were on the shelves at the same time, the Vintage stuff qould sell quick, and the Legacy stuff is still going to stay there indefinitely. Then when Vintage is restocked, it will sell, leaving the same old Legacy. If there is only Legacy stuff then they can wither it away without competition. You know the odd ROTS figures which lie around at the stores? It would be like that only worse. 2009 was a failed year for Hasbro and they want to reboot the line fresh.
    The Mythology of Star Wars
    I | II | III | IV | V | VI
    TheForce.Net Username: DarthPhilosopher

I stopped by TRU today - picked up a Dengar.

Ruddy hell, they look good on the pegs. A lot earlier than I thought they'd be!!!

£8.99 is steep, but the rancor with Luke was only £20 so what I saved on that helps a bit ha ha.

They look really nice

Here's the sticker we need to look for when checking pallets for new figures.
    "DO NOT OPEN before August 6th"

Eerily looks like the EU case sticker.

MY FEEDBACK

CAPTAIN REX AND NIK SANT ARE NOT ONE IN THE SAME, NO MATTER WHAT FILONI SAYS OR THINKS.

WhooHoo!!! They are out in the UK. but very expensive!
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by BIGJIM
    Here's the sticker we need to look for when checking pallets for new figures.
    "DO NOT OPEN before August 6th"

Eerily looks like the EU case sticker.

I know, I don't like it, it gives me the creeps
    Que la Fuerza te acompañe
    Wants: 3.75" TFA Nien Nunb, Squad Leader Stormie
    My Transaction Feedback
    My Trade and FS List

Page 2 of 1788 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast