Page 2 of 204 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mara Jade - #14

Re: Hasbro Star Wars Fans\' Choice Poll Returns

We all know what is going to happen. Jocasta Nu will win because fans think that will somehow make Hasbro make her. Hasbro will still refuse and just make the 2nd place guy.
    My Feedback

Current Campaign: All new OT Y-Wing

We will be submitting our list of the top 10 characters, which will be determined by a new poll.

So, this year we narrowed things down to a smaller number of categories.

Episode I
    Episode II
    Episode III
    Episode IV
    Episode V
    Episode VI
    Expanded Universe
    The Clone Wars - Realistic
    The Clone Wars

Since The Clone Wars was specifically catered to the show and the animated style figures, I'm thinking of NOT including those results in the new poll.

Which leaves us with 8 categories. How did we decide was best last time? Just select the top 10 (number to be determined) from each category and run with that list? Or was there a percentage qualification last time, so more popular polls may end up with more characters?

I seem to recall there was some discussion about this last time, but I don't recall all the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curto
    ...the character with the most votes as of November 31 will be the new STAR WARS Fansí Choice figure!
    So the character with the most votes on a nonexistent date wins? Maybe that's been the distribution problem: Hasbro doesn't use a real calendar!

Emperor's Hand

Soooo, basically......another cool figure....that we will never see....on the pegs.
    H8-DA-X!!!!!

This should be interesting. I suspect we'll see far less fan consensus on EU options this time round. As far as EU figures go, it's a very different landscape from where we played in 2009. I'm picking a ROTJ candidate as most likely to win, but in any case, I look forward to seeing how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Satan
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicklab
    Here are the standings from the 2009 poll.......
    That line=up doesn't bode well to me
    Top 9 are terrible in my opinion
    Agreed 100%. I don't know how out of place I am, but I hate seeing that much EU dominate the top spots. I'm just not really a fan. Piett and Panaka all the way.
    I do believe they think I am some kind of god.

Wishlist: Admiral Piett, Shasa Tiel, Yak Face, Vedain, Barada, Wuher, Sy Snootles, Sim Aloo, Admiral Motti, Captain Panaka

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curto
    We will be submitting our list of the top 10 characters, which will be determined by a new poll.

So, this year we narrowed things down to a smaller number of categories.

Episode I
    Episode II
    Episode III
    Episode IV
    Episode V
    Episode VI
    Expanded Universe
    The Clone Wars - Realistic
    The Clone Wars

Since The Clone Wars was specifically catered to the show and the animated style figures, I'm thinking of NOT including those results in the new poll.

Which leaves us with 8 categories. How did we decide was best last time? Just select the top 10 (number to be determined) from each category and run with that list? Or was there a percentage qualification last time, so more popular polls may end up with more characters?

I seem to recall there was some discussion about this last time, but I don't recall all the details.
    I say top 10. There are far too many 'vote downs' in certain categories to expect a percentage. For Example, Episode 1 would probably have more vote downs as opposed to Episode 6, and that group's average percentage would change too.

I also say we spit EU into KOTOR-Era, Movie Era, Legacy Era (ROTJ on). This would give characters a chance to move further up in the poll.
    WANTED FIGURES: Elan Sleazebaggano, Clegg Lars, Shimi Skywalker, Boba Fett - Child (Resculpt) , Clone Trooper - Training Fatigues (Resculpt), Anakin Skywalker - AOTC (Resculpt), Obi-Wan Kenobi - AOTC (Resculpt), Holographic Clone Trooper (Phase I), RC-1262 (Clone Wars), RC-1207 (Clone Wars), RC-1140 (Clone Wars), RC-1138 (Clone Wars - Resculpt)

Quote Originally Posted by Price_Tagge
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Satan
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicklab
    Here are the standings from the 2009 poll.......
    That line=up doesn't bode well to me
    Top 9 are terrible in my opinion
    Agreed 100%. I don't know how out of place I am, but I hate seeing that much EU dominate the top spots. I'm just not really a fan. Piett and Panaka all the way.
    In case you hadn't noticed, most of what's left to tackle is EU, aside from resculpts and precious few substantial screen characters. So I love that Top 9, mostly (Dorme not so much). Though I'd rather see Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo, and Jedi Master Mara Jade Skywalker replace Dorme, Jaxxon, and Dash

Polls seem to be really complicated here compared to other sites, a simple top ten list from each member nominating their favorite characters might be more simple - unless Hasbro is asking this site to break everything down by category to gather more data...

9/30 Figures are based off of EU Sources. 8 of which placed in the top ten
    the lowest EU figure placed at #19, which was Joruus C'Baoth
    Of the EU figures, 1 was from pre TPM, The rest from OT-onwards EU

10/30 figures are based off PT sources, 2 of whiched placed in the top ten
    TPM - 3 (Highest #13, Lowest #24)
    AOTC - 6 (Highest #9, lowest #30)
    ROTS - 1 (#23)
    12/30 figures were of the OT. None placed in the top ten. The highest OT
    placement was at #11, and the lowest at #28.
    ANH - 5 (Highest #16, Lowest #28)
    ESB - 1 (#14)
    ROTJ - 5 (Highest #11, Lowest #27)

So, EU is most popular according to this, specifically post prequel EU.
    The films rank:
    - AOTC
    - ROTJ
    - ANH
    - TPM
    - ROTS

Yeah, that's right. AOTC wins. SUCK IT, HATERS! AOTC RULES!
    WANTED FIGURES: Elan Sleazebaggano, Clegg Lars, Shimi Skywalker, Boba Fett - Child (Resculpt) , Clone Trooper - Training Fatigues (Resculpt), Anakin Skywalker - AOTC (Resculpt), Obi-Wan Kenobi - AOTC (Resculpt), Holographic Clone Trooper (Phase I), RC-1262 (Clone Wars), RC-1207 (Clone Wars), RC-1140 (Clone Wars), RC-1138 (Clone Wars - Resculpt)

Page 2 of 204 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast