Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jabba Focus Collectors: Part 2

Never seen that particular Jabba item before. Interesting find.
    Dear Disney, if you want to bring back the SW Fan Club -contact me.

not sure if this is new or not but a co-worker showed me this today

Jabba the Cupcake | Foodbeast
    IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL - XLIII

Yeah, somebody showed me that Jabba Cupcake a bit ago. Pretty cute.

I just got this first-shot prototype head for the Vintage Jabba the Hutt figure. I've been wanting to get some preproduction stuff for quite a while.

I managed to pick up this sealed case of 6 Jabba Glob figures for less than $9 on ebay. The question now is, should I open it or leave it sealed? I'm of two minds about it. It's not like I really need another Jabba Glob figure (much less 6) and since it's survived this long without being opened, part of me thinks I should leave it that way. But on the other hand, if it's not open then it's essentially just a cardboard box.

I vote you leave the box sealed. A box with "JABBA GLOB" printed in huge letters on the side is pretty funny. Plus, like you said, why open it and have a bunch of extra Jabba Globs on your hands? Now you've got to find a sealed box containing the vintage Jabba throne room set.

Quote Originally Posted by icruise View Post
    I managed to pick up this sealed case of 6 Jabba Glob figures for less than $9 on ebay. The question now is, should I open it or leave it sealed? I'm of two minds about it. It's not like I really need another Jabba Glob figure (much less 6) and since it's survived this long without being opened, part of me thinks I should leave it that way. But on the other hand, if it's not open then it's essentially just a cardboard box.

Somebody did have a case of vintage Canadian Jabba playsets for sale a few weeks ago (albeit not sealed). But it was well out of my budget.

Well, I didn't have any luck getting one of these guys on the forum, but I did manage to bargain with someone selling one on ebay to get one for just slightly more than I had originally wanted to spend. (Here's my blog entry about it.)

This guy is just amazing! I had the Yoda, Bossk and Greedo life-size busts in the past, and while they are cool in their own ways, I wasn't nearly as impressed with them as I am with the Gamorrean. The sculpt is perfect and the paint is fantastic -- much better than I've come to expect from Sideshow's factory paint jobs. I'd say this is the definitive Gamorrean Guard collectible.

I had to do some rearranging to find a place for him, but I think it looks good with some of my other Jabba stuff.

Last edited by Mighty_Jabba; 12-16-2011 at 12:15 AM.

looks great m8
    My collection
    "There is allways a bigger fish" Qui Gon Jinn

I made my own Jabba the Hutt paper snowflake, inspired by some of the Star Wars snowflakes from here. The cuts that don't fall on a fold are pretty tricky to do with an Xacto knife. I can't imagine doing some of the more elaborate designs I've seen.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast