Page 137 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1428

Thread: ► Sergiu/Jkno's Imperial Command Center 3 ◄

That's a perfect choice, Sergiu. The red of the Royal Guard robe will make that whole area pop up. Looking forward to see the framed painting and look of the area with it.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    That's a perfect choice, Sergiu. The red of the Royal Guard robe will make that whole area pop up. Looking forward to see the framed painting and look of the area with it.
    Thanks Julian
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Very nice Sergiu this will be a great companion piece for your force pike.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb View Post
    Very nice Sergiu this will be a great companion piece for your force pike.
    Thank you!
    And here are some more details from the artist: It's brush pen & acrylic colours on 300gsm Cold Pressed, 100% Cellulose Acid Free Water colour paper.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Despite the fact that now my collecting focus are Original Trilogy Imperials, and that I mostly collect high end items, I still love the classic Action Fleet and MicroMachines series, these being the only exception to OT Imperial collecting rule. A good friend of mine repainted the Micro Battle Set Turbo Tank / Juggernaut, and I added the interior, because the original interior was Kashyyyk environment diorama and not a proper tank one. Here is the finished product, though I'd better say it is still work in progress, as I'm going to make further changes to the interior. Enjoy

This is how the playset originally looked like - and yes, I have a second one that is still boxed.

COLLECTION
    Feedback

That looks fantastic Sergiu. It's gone from looking like a toy to being almost a replica with that paint job. Great weathering and realistic paint application by your friend. Good addition to the Action Fleet line. I still have, although not displayed at this time, my entire Action Fleet collection. It was a great line.
    Last edited by LightSword; 08-13-2019 at 08:16 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    That looks fantastic Sergiu. It's gone from looking like a toy to being almost a replica with that paint job. Great weathering and realistic paint application by your friend. Good addition to the Action Fleet line. I still have, although not displayed at this time, my entire Action Fleet collection. It was a great line.
    Thanks Julian, my friend Andrei did a great job indeed. The paint is very close to the MR AT-AT color and we also know this tank appeared in Rogue One. I love the Action Fleet line, still have my entire collection, and I even have a few on display next to my higher end items, I know some collectors might not approve with this mixing, but honestly, I don't care. I might have to take some shots in the garden, but I'm quite busy these days at the house with repairs and such, plus it is very hot outside.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

I sold many Action Fleet to fund 1:6 scale, and I truly miss them. This looks fantastic with expert weathering and detailing.

Quote Originally Posted by jedisquared View Post
    I sold many Action Fleet to fund 1:6 scale, and I truly miss them. This looks fantastic with expert weathering and detailing.
    Thanks Jon I'm thinking in the future to give him the lovely Collector Fleet Star Destroyer to fix the thrusts which now are kinda transparent, to give them proper color, and maybe repaint the whole thing - we'll see.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    Thanks Julian, my friend Andrei did a great job indeed. The paint is very close to the MR AT-AT color and we also know this tank appeared in Rogue One. I love the Action Fleet line, still have my entire collection, and I even have a few on display next to my higher end items, I know some collectors might not approve with this mixing, but honestly, I don't care. I might have to take some shots in the garden, but I'm quite busy these days at the house with repairs and such, plus it is very hot outside.
    Yes. It was a great line, certainly. For their size, they are so we'll made, packed with details and action features. I don't display mine because of the lack of room to display them, but I do have them packed away for when we buy our next home with a bigger room for collectibles, and do plan to display them all. As for the mixing and not being approved by some people, who cares! Personally I think a variety of items as a group display quite well and reflect the many approaches to the film's by different manufacturers. Hey, as long as we enjoy what we got... Display away! Anyhow, the paint application by your friend really shows all the details of the sculpt, which get washed away the way the vehicle came out. It comes to show sometimes a good paint job is all that's needed. GG should make a note of that.

Page 137 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 ... LastLast