Page 2 of 1556 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Re: The Vintage Collection (2010 Basic Line)

I hope we get a good mic of new figures and remakes. As there are some I forsee getting redone Im content with the version I display now. Hopefully it will be 50/50. But The leia hoth and Luke Bespin are major wins for me as they look great and I refused to buy their past crappy versions made.

DS

Any idea if this line will be on vintage cards in the clam shell like the other Vintage Collection figures that came out before?
    Would you like a Chocolate Covered Pretzel ?
    BH - 8448

That belt holster on bespin luke is going on my snowspeeder luke!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BFett88
    Any idea if this line will be on vintage cards in the clam shell like the other Vintage Collection figures that came out before?
    Not if the reported Target pricing hold true:

087-06-1351 - 3.75 VINTAGE - $7.99

Could be wrong but I didn't take the AT-AT commander to be Veers. I just figured he's an unnamed AT-AT commander.
    Become a fan of my artwork on facebook.

"It's a volcanic planet. You'll be safe there. LOL" - General Grievous, master of dark humor

Quote Originally Posted by RebelTrooper
    I like The Vintage Collection(TVC). Nice and simple wording.

John
    I thought the consensus in the previous section was to go with The Vintage Collection, using the acronyms of TVC or just VC.

I also like VTC. Maybe we put it to a vote? There's still time before USTF to decide....

Quote Originally Posted by RogueTrader
    Could be wrong but I didn't take the AT-AT commander to be Veers. I just figured he's an unnamed AT-AT commander.
    Yep, like the 80's vintage figure.

Quote Originally Posted by BFett88
    As already noted by the previous poster, this is coming out as the basic figure line, but further more, Hasbro has stated categorically, following the 2007 VTAC, that Vintage in that form is not coming back. So no, these are indeed going to be the basic figures for 2010 and early 2011 (and HOPEFULLY beyond).

'78
    40+ YEARS of 3.75" collecting, 3.75" should always drive the line!

Now I'm really pumped. I like the Luke and that Dengar almost looks real!
    I'm immune to the light!

Quote Originally Posted by VintijDroidGutzz
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Atmo
    I think VTC wouldve been better. "Vintage Tribute Collection" doesnt have a "the" in it and thus everyone won't make horrid sentences that misuse the term. Acronyms are not a free pass to just throw a "the" into some random place in a sentence!
    Agreed! Plus it's an accurate description of the new line, & it has a great catchy ring to it.

Come on Curto!
    Yeah c'mon!! Whether on not the "T" means "the", TVC implies the TRUE vintage collection from Kenner (1978-1885) It's 30+ years later so these are not real vintage figures, but this new line look is more of a "tribute" to the 30+ year old action figure line. So as collectors, and fans, lets call it by what it is a TRIBUTE collection, hence VTC. I never before been bothered my a line name or anacronym, but hearing and seeing this one called "the vintage collection", even on a temporary basis, is like getting kicked in the nads, painful. Also, it is rather disrespectful to the original line that started it all. And I am suprised ture long-time collectors and fans (meaning thoses that has been collecting and supporting SW for 30+ years) would want to call it TVC.

oh yeah, just because hasbro may simply call it vintage collection, us fans should be the ones to have a say in how or what we are calling the line amongst ourselves here in the forums. Besides, if not for us, hasbro wouldn't be going for this look assuming they would still be making any SW

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curto

Maybe we put it to a vote? There's still time before USTF to decide....
    Yes, let's vote

[chanting,pounding fists on desk,stomping feet] V-T-C, V-T-C, V-T-C, V-T-C...

Page 2 of 1556 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast