Page 1577 of 1599 FirstFirst ... 5771077147715271567157515761577157815791587 ... LastLast
Results 15,761 to 15,770 of 15984

Thread: The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    Photo real deco on the reissue VC009 Boba Fett.

While the headsculpt never resembled Jango Fett the new deco makes it even more noticeable. The skin color was off on the original release and while it's a bit darker here is still not accurate that the actor. I'm not really sure who this is supposed to be based on. Personally I'm ok with Boba not looking like Jango (despite the clone stuff).

As for the rest of the figure it seems more...pliable than the original release.

Mine looks vastly different...ill post pics when I can. He has almost a 5 o clock shadow on mine. I think yours is missing a paint app layer.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    The issue with Snoke, is the hideous costume to begin with. An over sized gold bathrobe was never going to look good. TBH it's simply a poor design ground up.

When you consider how long we waited for Toryn far, I think it pretty much answers the question! lol

If said Jawa is indeed an Exclusive, then it had better finally be the "taller'' version.

Also good news about a decent offering for the Mandalorian, I just hope they don't stop at three.

I could probably pass on the Clones, unless it's an unreleased one from TCW. But IMO, we don't really need a reissue of the Sergeant. Since it's just paint these guys should be released via Battle Pack. Or at least pick better candidates to release. TBH, it's too soon to be reissuing certain TBS figures.

I doubt we'll see much for RoS, we were definitely spoiled during the PT era! While i do miss the availability if figures and various characters from those movies, I don't miss having to plunk down so much cash on 60+ figures annually.
    That's a good point, if they were releasing 60+ figures for new movies, it would be way too much for me as well - hell, 60 for all new media combined in one year is too much for me nowadays. I think they can do better than 4 figures for ROS in the 3.75 scale for a FF event though. I'd be happy with a dozen. I just cant imagine the final film in the saga without Luke, Leia, Lando, etc on the pegs. At least for TLJ we got both Luke & Leia in the basic line - think of how many people are going out hunting for figures come October, to find FOUR options in the 3.75 scale. This might be the tipping point for some collectors.

How difficult would this be for the first two waves:

1.) Luke
    2.) Leia
    3.) Lando
    4.) Rey
    5.) Poe
    6.) Connix
    7.) Kylo
    8.) Knight of Ren
    9.) Sith Trooper
    10.) Zorri
    11.) Jannah
    12.) Palpatine

They'd get most of the main characters out this year without leaving the fanbase groaning about how lackluster TVC is when covering a movie...

Quote Originally Posted by xfamousnicknaro View Post
    Not to nitpick, bac, but Enfys was from Solo.
    Yes, I meant to say RO/Solo. Whoops!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotscomb View Post
    Mine looks vastly different...ill post pics when I can. He has almost a 5 o clock shadow on mine. I think yours is missing a paint app layer.
    Ah that's a shame. Helmet is staying on so it really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    Photo real deco on the reissue VC009 Boba Fett.

While the headsculpt never resembled Jango Fett the new deco makes it even more noticeable. The skin color was off on the original release and while it's a bit darker here is still not accurate that the actor. I'm not really sure who this is supposed to be based on. Personally I'm ok with Boba not looking like Jango (despite the clone stuff).

As for the rest of the figure it seems more...pliable than the original release.

Whose photo did they use?

At this point, I never want to see Boba's face again. He never had a face as far as I'm concerned lol. Give that man a damn helmet (permanently) and call it a day. OT Boba never had his helmet off so neither should his figure. This figure was from the era of Lucas getting "too cute" with his own stories.
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

Im getting back into SW collecting after some time. Is that how they are doing paint now? Like a dot matrix style? Is it only noticable up close or can you spot it from a distance?

Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyfett View Post
    Im getting back into SW collecting after some time. Is that how they are doing paint now? Like a dot matrix style? Is it only noticable up close or can you spot it from a distance?
    It generally looks great in person. The human eye can't really detect the individual dots unless the figure is a few inches from your face. They blend together quite nicely.
    Last edited by Agen_Kolar; 08-19-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Boba Fett is a character that deserves a new sculpt. That one was good for itís time, but they definitely made their money off it many times over. With how good they new sculpts have been, he should be in line for an update.
    Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist.

Twitter/Instagram: @BeRealNickNaro
    Customs Twitter/Instagram:@ArticuLesson / @ArticuLessons

Quote Originally Posted by jediblood View Post
    Whose photo did they use?
    Are they from Bantha Skull? I remember when they had pics of the new Leia Boushh there's was awful. Either they're really unlucky or they need a new photographer.

Page 1577 of 1599 FirstFirst ... 5771077147715271567157515761577157815791587 ... LastLast