Page 1322 of 1507 FirstFirst ... 32282212221272131213201321132213231324133213721422 ... LastLast
Results 13,211 to 13,220 of 15062

Thread: The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xfamousnicknaro View Post
    The swivel hinge hips are gonna be on him, if he’s new. Hopefully he is, and my plan will be to slice those suckers off and replace them with the MTF German soldier legs from the WW2 Kickstarter.
    I had to go look this up, because WWII is my other unhealthy addiction...

No more new OT figures in vintage guys. Party is over. I swear I can't see them renewing the license.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSquadSev11 View Post
    Just realised that Chewie and R2 bring us two figures closer to completing the first 12 on Star Wars cards. That could be why they're re-packing those two.
    I guess technically they put these two out in the original VOTC in 2004 (or it was VTSC in 2006), but you’re right for sure—it’s nice for some people who don’t already own a bunch to have another chance at them. Who does that leave still needing done from the original 12?
    Last edited by Tulgah; 10-26-2018 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulgah View Post
    I guess technically they put these two out in the original VOTC in 2004 (or it was VTSC in 2006), but you’re right for sure—it’s nice for some people who don’t already own a bunch to have another chance at them. Who does that leave still needing done from the original 12?
    As official TVC numbered releases, Luke, Han, Leia, Jawa, Tusken and Obi Wan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulgah View Post
    Just C-3PO and Jawa I think.

When Hasbro reveal a TVC repack, why on earth don’t they release an image of the packaging. Since that’s the only new part. What are they actually “revealing” if they don’t show that new part.
    I would love to see what card the Chewbacca is coming on.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain View Post
    When Hasbro reveal a TVC repack, why on earth don’t they release an image of the packaging. Since that’s the only new part. What are they actually “revealing” if they don’t show that new part.
    I would love to see what card the Chewbacca is coming on.
    Agreed. If they're revealing a re-pack they should reveal the packaging at the same time so there's something new with the reveal. They showed off Phasma's packaging when they announced her re-pack a couple of cons ago and she's in the same wave as Chewie.

I think Hasbros SW panel is tomorrow at MCM London. Let’s hope they announce something.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

I'm OK with the Chewie repack, but I'm not OK with getting constant repacks that have no improvements made to them or extra accessories. At least give Chewie the mandibles that they "capture" him with and the longer Stormtrooper rifle which he ACTUALLY uses in ANH. Never uses his Bowcaster once until ROTJ, which always baffled me and pissed me off even as a kid. I'll give JJ credit for bringing it back to relevance, but it almost served as a joke in TFA rather than just being awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post
    Youre not looking at the Yoda Iím referring to.

http://www.rebelscum.com/MS16-R2-D2-...ies-Hasbro.asp

Try that one out for size. Hereís the awesome thing about when this set dropped. $10 for Yoda and R2. Meanwhile the black series Yoda that came out at the same time was $13, had a worse likeness, horrible soft goods (and thatís just not my distaste for soft goods, evens fans of soft goods hated it) and not any more accessories. So for $3 less you got a better figure and he came with an R2 as an accessory! Not only that, but the R2 actually has one of the best panel sculpts of any R2. Itís hard to explain but if you look at your favorite R2 chances are the panels are represented by and indented section and the border is raised. This R2 has completely smooth panels with just the grooves carved in. Also the grasper arm is a fun feature.
    Gotcha, thank you for the link. As far as OT Yoda's go, his color is by far the best, but he still needs to be paler for sure. Also, look at the stupid anime cane again. It's cane ILM sculpted digitally for Yoda in the prequels, not even close to the stick cane he actually uses in ESB or ROTJ. At least they gave him the flashlight accessory. I just can't get behind this one being 5POA, it's crazy they haven't done better than this in the SA. The head sculpt is pretty spot on though I'll say.

Page 1322 of 1507 FirstFirst ... 32282212221272131213201321132213231324133213721422 ... LastLast