Page 1 of 164 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Federation MTT Droid Carrier

Trade Federation MTT Droid Carrier

Via an interview at SDCC with one of Hasbro's design chiefs, there was a strong hint at a MTT for next year - apparently the reason the Battle Droid folds up so well!
    40+ YEARS of 3.75" collecting, 3.75" should always drive the line!

Re: Trade Federation MTT - 2012 Hint?!

BMTT

Quote Originally Posted by Rune_Haako
    BMTT

Brilliant. Just Brilliant.
    WANTED FIGURES: Elan Sleazebaggano, Clegg Lars, Shimi Skywalker, Boba Fett - Child (Resculpt) , Clone Trooper - Training Fatigues (Resculpt), Anakin Skywalker - AOTC (Resculpt), Obi-Wan Kenobi - AOTC (Resculpt), Holographic Clone Trooper (Phase I), RC-1262 (Clone Wars), RC-1207 (Clone Wars), RC-1140 (Clone Wars), RC-1138 (Clone Wars - Resculpt)

I didn't think that was a strong hint at all. If anything, it was a dismissive "yeah, sure, maybe, would be fun, but we'll see!" The guy seemed to be expressing his personal opinion, not giving any kind of hint on whether or not Hasbro has one planned.
    Reader: Guys, enough with the Obi-Wans. Can we get a new cantina alien instead?
    Hasbro: Thanks for the comment! We can't get enough Obi-Wan either! We just might make that Cantina Obi-Wan you want! Stay tuned!

It looks like a giant rolling turd. But it's a giant, rolling turd of death, so I must have it!

Hopefully it's real, and hopefully in ep I colours instead of clone wars blue.

BIg problem with it, besides being a bad guy item, is that it's whole feature requires having a bunch of Battle Droid action figures that either won't be included, making it unappealling as a purchase to anyone but hardcore collectors, or will be included, which means reducing its scale or pricing it at $300.

Quote Originally Posted by Scockery
    BIg problem with it, besides being a bad guy item, is that it's whole feature requires having a bunch of Battle Droid action figures that either won't be included, making it unappealling as a purchase to anyone but hardcore collectors, or will be included, which means reducing its scale or pricing it at $300.

Nah... I'm thinking it'll be at $100 or less, similar to the AT-AT in pricing at the most. They probably won't include as many racks as in the movies... Otherwise it'd take hundreds of dollars just to fill one up with battle droids!!

"I don't want my life to imitate art, I want my life to be art." - Carrie Fisher
    Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRook
    I didn't think that was a strong hint at all. If anything, it was a dismissive "yeah, sure, maybe, would be fun, but we'll see!" The guy seemed to be expressing his personal opinion, not giving any kind of hint on whether or not Hasbro has one planned.
    Except for the part where he gave the whole "I can't release anything at this time," line. That is almost always used when the answer to a question is yes but they're contractually obligated to decline any comments. Given what we've seen them do with vehicles this year alone (Artillery Cannon, Mando Gunship, Droid Gunship, Jedi Turbo Speeder) I'd say all bets are off and this could very realistically happen. Obviously it would have to be scaled down a little so you could only fit like 10-15 Battle Droids on the rack and then maybe two in a "cockpit" style area, but it could still happen. They could also have a bunch of fold out platforms on the sides that could be used as gunner posts and then you have the play factor that they seem to like adding to existing vehicles like the Turbo Tank, Attack Shuttle, and AT-TE.

I'm really excited for this hint, if it is true Toyfair 2012 is going to be sweet!

Page 1 of 164 1231151101 ... LastLast