Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Naboo N-1 Starfighter - 2012

Re: Naboo N-1 Starfighter - 2012

I don't think it's possible to have a working droid slot on this toy since it wasn't physically possible for the droids to be installed into the onscreen fighters without having their heads detached. They would have to fudge the design quite a bit to allow for any of the astromech molds to be placed inside. What they should do is just repaint one of the BAD heads like R2-D2 and include that, but keep it removable so that people can replace it with whatever BAD head they want.

I would love to see less rubbery engines and maybe a larger sculpt overall (Ric Olie was a pretty tight fit in the original toy). If they do actual vac-metalized "chrome" for the bottom of the toy, then this would be a definite buy for me.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Yeah, I'd love one of these ships!! Great design, & I always thought the old toy was lacking. As others have said, chrome paint this time, a reworked pilot section, & a droid compartment that either feeds the astro in from underneath so it's head can still stick out - or the swappable BAD head idea, & possibly a clear base to allow it to 'hover'.

Here's hoping anyway!
    _________
    "..don't call me a mindless philosopher - you overweight glob of grease!!"

I think the BAD head idea would be great. It would give variety plus save the cost of having to purchase extra Astro droids.

I remember this Ship first time around in 2000. I got it for Christmas and I feel in love with it. My first Starfighter from Star Wars. I also got the Royal Starship. My two favourite ships from the Phantom Menace toy range.

I look forward as to how Hasbro top the original N-1 Starfighter.

I like the Chrome idea, but I wouldn't mind stronger plastic on the tip parts. and a slide forward cockpit would be amazing.

Please Hasbro, make my day

Ben

Well if I remember from the Cross Section, it showed R2 with an extension pole. So what Hasbro should do is make it fit the BAD mold and sculpt a telescoping pole that connects to the head to the body.

I never bought the 1999 N-1 fighter even though I always wanted one. Kicked myself numerously since then that the secondary market was my only option. But now I'm happy there might be a 2012 release for it. Fine by me if it's a re-release of the original, even better if it's new or retooled. Personally I'd love to see a touch of chrome on the ship but it's not necessary.

I missed out on the initial release. Would love to add this to my collection now. It is beautifully designed. Just hope the toy doesn't look too plastic.

The old version was damn near perfect.

My guess is that they are going to produce one that breaks down and fits in the standardized $20ish vehicle box so that it can be sold and shipped with the other vehicles in that range.

The R2-D2 figure in the background of the R5-A7(G8-R3)photo is a Build-a-Droid mold.

Yeah, I know I just posted that in the Wally Exclu section yesterday. I hope we see that R2 with this ship as a bonus.

Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast