Page 242 of 246 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2456

Thread: Hasbro - Marvel Legends

Quote Originally Posted by AgentClaret View Post
    I bought a loose Rogue off someone on FB. I'm gonna need to sell some old stuff to justify what I had to pay for her...

The sad thing is that I now need Jean Grey and she's even more pricey!
    Are you looking up Jean Grey or Phoenix? If it's the 2012 Jean Grey, i personally wouldn't even bother. All the reviews really rip the figure apart. Hasbro was just restarting the Legends line and the quality really isn't there. She has the old ball jointed hips that they don't use for anyone anymore, the face isn't a good likeness and I've read the hair causes balance issues.

As a fan of the cartoon, I badly want a Jean Grey instead of having Phoenix, but it's worth the wait for the inevitable re-do. Scarlet Spider from that wave was re-done last year, blade, punisher, Mystique and just announced Big Time Spiderman from that era all have gotten re-do's. I expect hers to get announced before 2020 personally.

That new War Machine looks REALLY nice. Not at all a WM fan, but I'll gladly grab him!

Yeah I was thinking the 2012 version. I'm aware she sucks but I'd still pick her up if I found her cheapish.
    Things I need
    Marvel Legends Jean Grey, Titanium Boba Fett helmet
    Have: BF Shocktrooper, various TFA, Tarkin, Zuckuss
    "Warning: If your Man is Iron for more than four hours, consult your Doctor Doom...

Does anyone have a good way of cleaning up botched paint apps on figures. I have the Mark 7 Iron Man (1st 10 years) and there are some small spots of gold paint on the torso. Looks like someone got sloppy at the factory. I would like to take it off. I tried 100% alcohol but it didn't do anything. I'm afraid to use acetone as I know it will gum up the soft plastic. Any suggestions?

Edit: OK, I guess people on YouTube use acetone, but you just have to be careful and not over do it. Need to be light and quick so you don't damage the plastic.
    Last edited by sharky; 05-14-2019 at 01:54 PM.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Winsor-Newton brush cleaner. Accept no substitutes. Removes paint very well, but won’t hurt the plastic if you work quickly and wash up afterwards. If you’re taking off spots from unpainted/molded in color pieces you shouldn’t have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Six View Post
    Winsor-Newton brush cleaner. Accept no substitutes. Removes paint very well, but won’t hurt the plastic if you work quickly and wash up afterwards. If you’re taking off spots from unpainted/molded in color pieces you shouldn’t have any problems.
    Thanks for the advice. Yes, I'm just trying get some paint that was splotched on some unpainted plastic.

I tried the acetone last night, and I was being careful not to use too much or let it sit too long on the plastic. It did take off the paint, but it dulled the plastic a little as well. I used some plastic polish and it seemed to buff right out and was shiny again.

Next time I'll certainly try the brush cleaner you recommend. Thanks again.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

I ended up buying a custom version of the 2012 Jean Grey! They used a basic female buck and parts from the original. All for a cool $28! I'm spying some paint that might need some touchup, but I'm totally psyched for her to get here!

Oh yeah, finally received Rogue, too.
    Last edited by AgentClaret; 05-17-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    Things I need
    Marvel Legends Jean Grey, Titanium Boba Fett helmet
    Have: BF Shocktrooper, various TFA, Tarkin, Zuckuss
    "Warning: If your Man is Iron for more than four hours, consult your Doctor Doom...

I really am frustrated I've passed on the Loki/Corvus Glaive set twice at Wal-mart. I really need Corvus to complete my Black Order and the 2-pk sets are nowhere to be found anymore. I wasn't interested in the Loki really, although the cube would be cool. The prices for Corvus now online are about double what the whole set was at store. Its hard to know which sets will be out in numbers and which will be in short supply.
    Looking to trade?
    My Feedback - My Trade Thread

Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany

Anyone have any ideas for alternative bodies for the Reaver's Reese head with Skullbuster other than Nuke or Skullbuster?
    Hasbro Wishlist- ANH- Theron Nett (Red 10), ESB- Hobbie, ROTJ- Horton Salm (Grey Leader), Lt Telsj, Kier Santage
    and all the new Rogue One pilots, especially BLUE LEADER!

I have seen a few customs over at the Fwoosh where folks used the new Deathlok as a base.

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    I really am frustrated I've passed on the Loki/Corvus Glaive set twice at Wal-mart. I really need Corvus to complete my Black Order and the 2-pk sets are nowhere to be found anymore. I wasn't interested in the Loki really, although the cube would be cool. The prices for Corvus now online are about double what the whole set was at store. Its hard to know which sets will be out in numbers and which will be in short supply.
    Tell me about it. I had to go through great lengths to track that set down. I don't recall even seeing it once at any of my local Walmarts. Had to go way out of my way to find it, and even then they only had 2 left. I was debating even keeping the Loki as I really only wanted Corvus, but since it was such a pain to track down I decided to keep Loki as well.

Page 242 of 246 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244 ... LastLast