Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1043

Thread: Recent Acquisitions: VA/MD/DC V.10

I got the Escape from the Death Star board game last night at Target in Gaithersburg. The Tarkin figure was worth it.

I bugged the folk at the Germantown Target this morning for the Retro figures. Like many others, these figures appear to be in a gray area of Target's supply chain. I was able to give them the working DCPI code for the figures and they located a box in the back. Using the DCPI codes for the individual figures doesn't appear to work online or in their app. They brought the box out but didn't want me to hoard the figures and would only sell me two. Ha. Its not my fault your store only has a single case in stock.

Here are the numbers. Use the first one if you are in the store and want them to check the inventory.

087-16-8221 Retro Figure UPC
    087-16-2700 Stormtrooper UPC 630509836604
    087-16-0359 Chewbacca UPC 630509836635
    087-16-2240 Darth Vader UPC 630509836581
    087-10-0431 Tarkin UPC 630509834709
    087-16-0360 Han Solo UPC 630509836642
    087-16-0364 Luke Skywalker UPC 630509836598
    087-16-0358 Leia Skywalker UPC 630509836628

Congrats. I passed on a set for 1 of the 2 fellas I was waiting in line with. They in turn let me get the vinty Solo and stormtrooper and 6" Stormtrooper Luke. Retro line is going to be a limited
    time exclusive right ? Hopefully Frederick gets these in again, I would like to get the Stormtrooper for sure.
    **Buying Snowtrooper and Hoth Rebel RARITIES**
    - ESB/ROTJ/POTF Proofs and Cromalins
    - Hardcopy and First Shots Modern & Vintage
    - Micro 4ups & Unproduced Actions Masters

The Crofton Target had what looked like a full set of the retro figures. They were all still there when I left.

I went back to Target after work yesterday and was able to complete the set. I had originally purchased Luke and the Stormtrooper. When I went back, Han and Leia were gone, but Chewie and Vader were still there. The guy had put the box back over at the electronics desk (right across the aisle from the figures) that morning. So I had gone to the desk and had the evening guy check the DCPI and he was like "hey they are right here" and pulled out the box. I still didn't have Han and Leia and he goes, there are six more showing in inventory. So he got them from the back. I had a full set and had picked up the 2nd Stormtrooper. Yeah. Combined with the Tarkin figure from Sunday I now have the full Retro set. I'm most pleased with this progress.

I had also picked up the Han in Stormtrooper gear. He really looks great. They did a perfect job on him. Look just like Harrison Ford.

Palleon. Not sure what the timeline is the Retro collection. The word is that Target gets it first and then like a month later it will be widely distributed. I am not sure how widely that is going to be. I don't take chances now and buy as soon as I see something I like as is often the case, I never see it again.

I wish that I had purhased those 6" TVC figures on ANH cards they had out for the 40th aniv back in 2017. Many of those figures I only saw once.
    Last edited by Cyclone; 05-15-2019 at 04:53 PM.

North Glen Burnie Target had 3.75 Retro(Vader, Han & Chewie), Han Stormtrooper disguise (3.75”), 6” BS Luke Death Star Compactor Escape & Escape From Death Star game with Vintage Tarkin. All in men’s clothes on Father’s Day display...happy hunting!

yeah, the Target here in Germantown also has all of the Retro stuff in Mens clothing. Same with the 6" Black Series Luke Escape from Deathstar. I didnt see Storm Troop Han though. He was on the regular pegs a week or two ago.

The retro line is NOT limited...its only being introduced at Target...then to other online retailers in the Fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pellaeon View Post
    Congrats. I passed on a set for 1 of the 2 fellas I was waiting in line with. They in turn let me get the vinty Solo and stormtrooper and 6" Stormtrooper Luke. Retro line is going to be a limited
    time exclusive right ? Hopefully Frederick gets these in again, I would like to get the Stormtrooper for sure.
    Last edited by jedisquared; 05-26-2019 at 12:43 PM.

I tried to find the Retro figures at the Washingtonian/RIO Target in Gaithersburg. They had the 6" Luke and a Retro Luke on the toy aisle. The BS Lukes had a large slice in the top of the packaging where someone went too deep with a box cutter. Ouch. I roamed around the Menswear section and could not spot any SW merch. I found a helpful employee who looked it up and said they are shown in section A8. That translated to 'Tables at the front of the store". I went to check them out and among all of the junk I spot a Vader and a Stormtrooper laying down on their faces.

The stormtrooper is the only one that I am interested in, so I picked him up and took Vader over to the toy aisle.

Later that weekend, I was up at Germantown Target and found a fresh stocking of Hantroopers. Out of about 9 of them I found two with absolute Minty cards. So I picked one up for my friend Hans. The retro figures were cleared out of this target by now too even in their horrible location.

The Tarkin games is now stocked on the Board game area as well as Mens wear.

Columbia Target had oodles of Hantrooper in the men’s wear Dad’s Day display.

Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105 LastLast