Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: OT: RS Fantasy Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Holla300 View Post
    Yup, We need to kick those people out that don't play the entire year
    I agree. It's a shame to see teams that aren't managed, while we have people come on this thread asking to join the league. Maybe if we get on it early enough in August this year, we can vet everyone in the league and make sure they're in and plan to be active.

A few other changes I'd like to see this upcoming season:

1) I'd like to see our draft moved to the Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday right before the season starts. We've been drafting right in the middle, or at the end, of the 3rd week of preseason recently, and there tends to be significant injury and/or depth chart info that comes out in the days after those games.

2) I think we might need some roster limits installed. In the last week of the playoffs this year, there was a team that picked up 5 or 6 QBs from the FA pool, and stashed them all on their bench. It didn't affect the championship game (at least on my end), and while I'm all for gamesmanship, I really don't care for this type of maneuver. I'd suggest having limits of 2 or 3 for Defenses, Kickers and QBs. Maybe also for TEs? I'm less inclined to think that we need limits on WRs or RBs.

3) Personally, I'd like to see fractional points in this league. I hate seeing a player with an extra 7 yards rushing and 5 yards receiving, and no credit for any of it.

4) I've started to hear of leagues giving 1/2 point per rushing attempt. Not sure how I feel about that yet, but thought I'd throw it out there for discussion.
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Jedi View Post
    I agree. It's a shame to see teams that aren't managed, while we have people come on this thread asking to join the league. Maybe if we get on it early enough in August this year, we can vet everyone in the league and make sure they're in and plan to be active.

A few other changes I'd like to see this upcoming season:

1) I'd like to see our draft moved to the Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday right before the season starts. We've been drafting right in the middle, or at the end, of the 3rd week of preseason recently, and there tends to be significant injury and/or depth chart info that comes out in the days after those games.

2) I think we might need some roster limits installed. In the last week of the playoffs this year, there was a team that picked up 5 or 6 QBs from the FA pool, and stashed them all on their bench. It didn't affect the championship game (at least on my end), and while I'm all for gamesmanship, I really don't care for this type of maneuver. I'd suggest having limits of 2 or 3 for Defenses, Kickers and QBs. Maybe also for TEs? I'm less inclined to think that we need limits on WRs or RBs.

3) Personally, I'd like to see fractional points in this league. I hate seeing a player with an extra 7 yards rushing and 5 yards receiving, and no credit for any of it.

4) I've started to hear of leagues giving 1/2 point per rushing attempt. Not sure how I feel about that yet, but thought I'd throw it out there for discussion.
    The other league I was in had two and three and I really liked it. We should totally look into that.

Don't care for number 4 personally.
    Ackbar1138: "The Prequels are better than the OT"

It's that time of year again. I'm hoping we're playing again this year?

I'd also be interested in some discussion, if not some league voting, about some of the changes mentioned at the end of last year.
    Last edited by Dr_Jedi; 08-12-2019 at 09:03 PM.
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Jedi View Post
    It's that time of year again. I'm hoping we're playing again this year?

I'd also be interested in some discussion, if not some league voting, about some of the changes mentioned at the end of last year.

I just made some adjustments to the league. I think you will like them!

-There are now fractional points for passing, rushing, and receiving yards
    -QBs roster limit is now 3, and DEF and K are limited to 2 of each
    - I set the draft date to Sept 3 at 8pm. I always set it on the weekend in the past because I thought more people would be available, and I did not like to use the weekend before the season started because it is Labor Day weekend and a lot of people are busy or out of town, so I did not want to use Friday-Monday of that weekend. I agree that drafting later is better, so hopefully everyone can make the new date/time.

I am also going to review last season to see if any teams were not active and they will be replaced. I want this to be a great season!

If you end up needing somebody to fill a spot Id join... seasoned fantasy football scummer here.
    Last edited by Waterman8447; 08-13-2019 at 09:10 AM.

draft is set for 3rd i believe
    "ok...ill sign an autograph..." -Mark Hamill

Yes, draft is set for 8 pm ET on September 3rd.

Still looking for two new members who really want to play and will keep up with their lineups all season. PM me your name and email if you are interested in joining. Thanks! I will only take the first two to respond.

I am deleting two teams that did not keep up with the league last year, so we will be a ten team league this year unless I can find two more members before tomorrow night. Draft is tomorrow night at 8 ET. See everyone there.

Draft at 8 TONIGHT. Starting soon.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041